Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches play smart in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT ACCOUNTING IN A HIGH-GROWTH INDUSTRY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Director, Global Finance who's drive for leading a global team and motivation for continuous improvement and scalability aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company.
Based in Boston, MA you will report to the Global Financial Controller (who is based in Melbourne) and be a key member of the global finance team. You will be responsible for a number of global finance functions including revenue, inventory, COGS, commissions, accounts payable, accruals, banking, cash, prepayments, tax and fixed assets. Youll play a key leadership role in the global monthly close process including leading team members with their close duties and assisting the Global Financial Controller with the monthly management reporting packs and financial insights and analyses to senior management, the Executive team and Board. As a publicly listed company on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) youll also be assisting the Global Financial Controller with ASX reporting requirements including the publication of the consolidated half-year and full-year financial reports.
Responsibilities also include assisting the Global Financial Controller with defining and implementing policies and procedures to ensure appropriate levels of financial controls are in place across the company, and ensuring that the company is fully compliant in all countries that it operates in with local statutory, audit and taxation regulatory requirements. At present these countries include Australia, US, UK, Ireland, Japan, China and Argentina.
WHAT YOULL DO
- A key member of the global finance leadership team, and actively involved in thought leadership regarding process improvement initiatives and lead change management initiatives across the group finance function
- Provide support and guidance to the CFO and Global Financial Controller on all technical and accounting matters, and associated implications
- Team management responsibility for global finance functions including but not limited to revenue, inventory, COGS, sales commissions, accounts payable, bank, cash, accruals, prepayments, tax and tangible assets
- Working alongside the Global Financial Controller to ensure the timely close of the group consolidated monthly accounts, including the accurate recording of all accounting entries and the review and completion of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the Global Financial Controller where necessary with the preparation of the half-year (4D) and full-year (4E) consolidated group financial statements, which are presented to the ASX and shareholders
- Assisting the Global Financial Controller with all external audit requirements across the group, including half-year and full-year group audits
- Collaborating with the Global Financial Controller with all cash-flow reporting and forecasting requirements across the group
- Working with the Global Financial Controller with all group treasury requirements as and when required
- Creating alongside with the Global Financial Controller the implementation, documentation and maintenance of adequate and effective internal controls and processes to ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting, and full compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in all jurisdictions in which the company operates
- Provide support with the due diligence process of any potential mergers or acquisitions
- Assisting the FP&A team with regular financial forecasting and the annual budget plan
- Responsible for the preparation of local US GAAP statutory accounts, and assisting with the preparation of local accounts in all other jurisdictions in which the company operates
- Working alongside the Global Financial Controller to maintain strong and healthy relationships with all of our global audit and accounting advisor
- Coordination of half-year and annual stock-takes across the group
- Finance business partnering responsibilities for key members of the Executive team including the COO (Operations department)
- Working alongside the Global Financial Controller to maintain strong and healthy relationships with all of our bank lenders, and the preparation of monthly covenant compliance testing and reporting
- Working alongside the Global Financial Controller to maintain strong and healthy relationships with all of our corporate tax advisors, as well as the preparation of the annual tax provision calculations across the group and the filing of all corporate tax returns (state and federal)
- Oversee all US state corporate compliance including indirect taxes, sales and use, and working alongside the global tax team to ensure full compliance with other non-US based indirect taxes (e.g. EMEA VAT, Australia GST)
- Supporting the Global Financial Controller with the preparation of board papers and ad hoc pieces of financial insights and analyses for senior management and the board, as and when required
- Working alongside the global payroll lead and management of the US based payroll cycle and relationship with the payroll provider, and responsibility for all US payroll reporting and filing requirements
- Working alongside the People & Culture team to regularly review employee benefit platforms and offerings
- Coordination of employee share option and rights tracking for US based employees, and responsibility for all payroll implications of these awards including payroll taxes on vesting and exercise
- Working with the Global Financial Controller and legal team with the annual company-wide insurance renewal
- Assisting the global legal team with corporate secretarial matters when required for all subsidiaries
- Responsible for all accounting matters pertaining to our Argentinian subsidiary, which includes managing the relationship with the local accounting advisors in Argentina, and assisting the global legal team with any legal and corporate secretarial matters
- Providing financial assistance with the local region sales and operations teams as and when required
- Perform such accounting, financial and/or administrative tasks as directed from the Global Financial Controller which may be required from time to time.
WHAT YOULL NEED
- CA/CPA qualified from one of the big four accounting firms or mid tier firms
- You will have demonstrated extensive and successful experience in a commercial finance role ideally within complex, multinational and large scale environments
- At least ten years of corporate accounting experience with at least five years in a management capacity working in a similar Finance Manager or Financial Controller position in a complex, global, multi-environment company
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Exposure to international finance teams in key markets such as the US, the UK, China and Australia is desirable
- High energy with a personality and style that will fit into a fast paced, growth oriented, forward looking, driven and commercially focused culture
- You have outstanding attention to detail and a keen appetite for process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to form, lead, mentor and develop high-performing teams, promoting a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively within a functional team, across departmental functions and with an executive management team
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in analysing business performance and developing financial plans
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Demonstrated success in small to mid-size public companies required
- Advanced MS Excel skills and proficiency in NetSuite or other similar ERP systems, and SalesForce
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether youre interested in sports or not, youll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.