The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
The Director of Global Benefits will oversee the global Benefits Strategy and Administration for the company. Manages the organizations benefits programs as a portfolio, maximizing value delivery and optimizing cost savings in more than 30 countries.
The Face of Benefits globally, you will engage directly with Business Line leaders as well as HR to design and manage benefits that meet employee and company needs. This is a hands-on role, that manages a small team of Benefits Analysts and provides benefits leadership and direction to Field HR. You will lead several projects and initiatives to aggressively improve impact of benefits to employees, ensure absolute compliance, and improve overall return on investment for benefits.
- Continually assesses and ensures the competitiveness and compliance of all benefit programs and practices against comparable companies, industries and markets in each country. Evaluates and recommends changes: develops new or enhanced programs or revises existing benefits programs as needed.
- Works with benefits brokers and consultants globally to ensure comprehensive benefits coverage based upon overall Benefits strategic direction; actively pursues input from Field HR regarding areas of concern.
- Oversees annual renewal processes globally, including internal C- level presentations and approvals; negotiates renewal/new contract agreements.
- Responsible for compliance with respect to all benefit programs. In the US, this includes, but is not limited to, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), Affordable Care Act (ACA), Pension Protection Act (PPA).
- Strong knowledge of 401k Plan management and audit; key member of the 401k Investment Committee.
- Collaborates with corporate and field HR staff on rollouts of new benefit programs: estimates and manages resource requirements, confirms and directs cross-functional internal and external teams, successfully manages multiple projects timelines, defines and communicates expectations and ensures quality outcomes
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure excellent service and support. Identify vendors to solicit for benefit plan Requests for Proposal. Conducts comparative analysis of plan provisions, practices and costs, and directs selection and negotiation process. Regularly monitors vendor plan performance and evaluates quality of service and cost effectiveness.
- Advises managers and employees on interpretation of benefit policies and practices
- Working with consultants, brokers and payroll, assures legal compliance within each country of statutory benefit requirements.
- Keeps abreast of current laws, trends and best practices both domestically and internationally and proactively evaluates for potential impact to current plans, making recommendations when applicable.
- Establishes and maintains standards that support compliance with SOX, internal policy and external compliance related requirements associated with benefits.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree required with 7+ years of management experience.
- Strong US Benefits knowledge in both Health and Welfare and 401k.
- Experience managing global benefits programs in various regions.
- Ability to manage and mentor staff for continued growth within the company.Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills and a strong service orientation are an absolute must.
- Flexible and proactive problem solver with focus on execution and delivery; adept at achieving results in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must be able to coach and influence others at all levels of the organization and across multiple cultures.
- Strong Project Management skills including creation and management of project plans with the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- PowerPoint and Excel capabilities should be a strength.
- Exceptional analytical abilities, accuracy, and attention to detail able to identify and communicate quantifiable and qualitative information.