The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As a member of the Finance team, this individual will be responsible for the oversight and management of Accounts Receivable, Billing and Project Accounting. He/She will oversee all management controls ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to. This role will work to define and implement process and procedure improvements, as well as driving the performance of the team providing growth and opportunities for development. This position requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan and direct the group as well as work effectively in a cross functional environment.
- Daily oversight and management of the respective managers of Accounts Receivable, Billing and Project Accounting.
- Oversee all management of controls on accounts receivable, billing and project ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Develop understanding of customer billing requirements and contractual prerequisites and be responsible for driving billing and cash application accuracy.
- Manage the process for reviewing and authorizing various non-standard billing requests which affects the XML invoices issued to customers.
- Define and implement process and procedure improvements that optimize workflows across the team.
- Supervise, monitor, and review all accounting activities ensuring subledger balances related to receivables, project accounting and billing are processed accurately and timely including any required reconciliations.
- Direct the process for issuing client documents covering Russian clients, making certain to follow all export compliance policies including those covering OFAC sanctioned clients.
- Drive performance of the team in providing growth, opportunities for development, ongoing management of the staff and contribute to the development of strategic goals and objectives.
- Work with other stakeholders in defining and implementing process for handling RFPs and other vendor forms including submittal of information on client web portals
- Act as a liaison for all project accounting, receivables, billing audit requests.
- Develop initiatives to improve communication flow, response time on customer requests, and organization of information to better support company goals and initiatives.
- Key member in User Acceptance Testing and system implementation changes.
What You'll Need
- College Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Management required
- Knowledge of Oracle R12 (Service Contracts, Project Accounting and Receivables modules)
- Ability to think strategically and identify and resolve problems in a client-centric environment
- Proven track record for improving process efficiencies and solving problems
- Highly motivated, organized individual with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines concurrently.
- A track record as an effective communicator, with highly developed skills in writing and speaking and competence in creating strategic reports and presentations.
- Knowledge of accounting and revenue principles (revenue 606) and business processes related to operations