Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the worlds largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veevas software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - its up to you.
We are looking for a Director of Finance Operations to provide business support to our Finance organization and cross-functional business partners. This highly motivated individual will be critical to our business transformation effort as we scale including business process redesign, understanding system design, and the support of the ongoing needs of Finance and the functions they support.
What Youll Do
- Lead the global Finance organizations operational needs around scaling processes, systems, and tools.
- Understand the existing Finance Systems landscape identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement and work with the IT organization to deliver system enhancements and/or implement new applications.
- Define long-term strategy, help drive prioritization, analyze trade-offs, and collaborate on the overall Financial systems roadmap to improve existing and future state of operations.
- Lead projects from ideation through to implementation. Develop project plans, and schedules, balance resources, and track the completion of milestones.
- Cultivate strong stakeholder relationships and maintain effective communication channels. Ensure all stakeholders are aware of project decisions and status. Keep executive sponsors informed of the status and escalate as appropriate.
- Assess, document, and analyze business processes.
- Accountable for ensuring projects are compliant with regulatory requirements and company policies.
- 10+ years of Finance/Accounting/Revenue operations experience with management experience.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- Excellent understanding of Accounting & Revenue principles and business processes related to operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues and recommend appropriate alternatives and solutions.
- Proven track record of building strong partnerships with IT organizations working on system enhancement and implementation projects.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
- A self-starter who learns quickly delivers high-quality work and can adapt to challenges, either individually or as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and quickly establish credibility by identifying problems and recommending solutions.
Nice to Have
- NetSuite, SalesForce, Coupa, and Zuora RevPro experience
- CPA with Big 4 experience
- Software industry experience a plus
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].