We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. Thats why our mission is to build the worlds most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
Were looking for an Engineering Director to work with the Competitive business unit (BU) to align technical work with company goals and objectives in a cost-effective manner, providing expert guidance and support, approving newly developed policies from various departments, and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Our Competitive BU serves teams/organizations across all sports at the high school, small college and amateur club levels. Our tools are mission critical for our customers and everything we do enables them to work better, faster and more efficiently. The Competitive BU makes up over 55% of Hudls revenue and serves over five million users. They are eager to provide feedback and we seek it out frequently.
You will lead a team of over 20 engineers to deliver, maintain and operate a range of products. Youll work with our BU general manager and heads of sales, product, marketing, and finance to set the strategy and connect our work to company-level goals. Currently, we are re-defining the next generation of tools that coaches and athletes will use to analyze video and data together. Were also connecting a national network of automated capture cameras (Hudl Focus) to build a library of content that is shared and accessible for everything from opponent scouting to recruiting. We need your help to accomplish these lofty goals and set the direction for the next wave of innovation.
- Experienced fostering relationships with cross-functional stakeholders. You understand the importance of building strong relationships with product, sales, marketing, support and others.
- Experienced building complex platform systems. Have experience delivering enterprise-grade services with web, mobile and API client interfaces. You can connect architectural decisions back to customer value.
- A coach. You care deeply about your team and are experienced in developing, mentoring, and serving them.
- Naturally curious and never stop learning. Youre hungry for more knowledge and ideas, and able to show us how that improves the way you work. You think about what might happen in the most extreme cases, constantly digging deeper to learn more.
- Pragmatic and understand the balancing act. We seek to move quickly and learn from value increments. You understand the role engineering plays to help prioritize greenfield, maintenance, and tech debt paydown.
- Paying attention to broader trends in the software industry. Things move fast and youll need to be constantly assessing tools and third-party services. You cant rewrite every project the moment a new framework appears, but you also cant get stuck using stale technology.
- Manage engineers. You will be responsible for coaching, developing, and serving engineers on your team.
- Solve problems collaboratively. You will work with autonomous squads and rely on their collective intelligence in problem solving to deliver the best solutions.
- Work with other teams. Our platform is a very important part of Hudls technical strategy. You will partner with other leaders across the company to identify, evaluate and execute on opportunities to make our products more deeply integrated.
- Deliver great user value. You will help our customers do something they love. Its a fun position for any passionate maker and technologist.
- Lead continuous improvement. You will need to help improve the teams delivery capability and enable the team to scale across a broad surface area.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. Were all about a healthy work-life balance. Well give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. Were lifelong learners who encourage professional development. Well give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. Youll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure youll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, thats free money. Well match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.