Datto, the worlds leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Director, DWH Architecture & QA to join a growing team. Datto is a creative company at its core and is an exciting and dynamic workplace. We're 100% focused on our managed service provider partners and believe that with the right technology, managed service providers can change how businesses around the world operate. Datto provides data protection, business continuity, networking, business management, and file backup and sync products that empower and protect the clients of our partners. We're headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut with worldwide offices.
Datto is looking for a highly experienced data warehouse (DWH) leader to oversee the architecture and end to end testing. This role will help to bring consistency to enterprise data and improve its availability and quality. In this role we are looking for someone with a proven track record of leading architecture teams as well as experience driving quality improvements; including automation and devops.
The candidate will be responsible for analysis of Datto data needs and designing data warehouse analytical solutions (atomic and aggregated data marts) to support D&A objectives. They will ensure that analytical solutions across all pillars follow the same design methodology and conform data definitions and governance principles to derive the value and insights not only from individual solutions but also by cross joining data marts together. They will work with analysts to collect business needs and requirements, data engineering to ensure that all required data are available in the DWH and data governance team to ensure that analytical solutions conform to the strategic directions.
A Look Inside the Job:
- Successfully deliver key technology solutions to support Dattos evolving application landscape.
- Drive the solution architecture vision for end to end business applications. Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities as required.
- Define patterns and best practices for data usage, design, engineering and development.
- Lead, mentor and provide design and architecture for delivery teams.
- Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.
- Lead our Quality Assurance and Testing efforts, including the measures and metrics that ensure process consistency and continuous improvement.
- Influence solutions development and delivery strategies through consulting of QA and monitoring imperatives.
- Prioritize governance and data-related issues across the organization to help resolve and minimize risks, such as privacy and security
- Train and mentor leaders and analysts within our data team on data governance policies and standards
- Build processes to capture definitions and metadata on all of our data proactively.
- Collaborate with our data engineering team to convey and make sure data naming conventions are consistent
- Drives training and awareness efforts on the importance of trust, security, availability, and consistent usage of data
- Maintain business relationships with architects and organizational leaders to understand current and emerging business needs.
- Ensure quality is embedded throughout processes, and specifically impose rigor on any production migrations while moving the organization towards more devops.
- Ensure that talent development and staffing activities are effectively meeting the current and future needs of the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
- Excellent ability to craft and maintain metadata for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with data governance tools or other tools for data management (e.g., Alation).
- Experience building enterprise data strategies, processes, and models.
- Experience deriving data quality policies, standards, and related documentation.
- Well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with application architects, engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust data solutions.
- Significant experience working in complex data environments in an engineering, design and architecture capacity.
- Proficiency at understanding enterprise architecture concepts, master data management, data modeling and design techniques.
- Strong skills and demonstrated focus in logical and component architecture design and deployment.
- Ability to lead organizations with broad scope, coalescing disparate individual functions into organizational and technical solutions that exceed business needs.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to direct and oversee the work of others.
- Broad knowledge of IT and systems architecture, which involves understanding the interrelationships of software development, systems engineering, project management, data management, network management, architecture, computer operations.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of IT and business management, contributing to, and influencing quality outcomes.
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions.
- Experience using quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to solve problems.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills and abilities to influence others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with formal presentation skills to present a wide range of information to a variety of audiences, internal or external.
- Proven ability to develop senior level IT professionals.
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Fitness reimbursement
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.