The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the worlds largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
As the Director of Digital Strategy, you'll lead a small but growing digital media team in the development of GitLab's global media strategy and planning to drive awareness and acquisition growth across different segments. In this highly visible role, you'll provide strong leadership while working cross-functionally with internal teams as well as external partners.
What you'll do in this role
- Lead the global media strategy and planning to drive awareness and acquisition growth across SMB, Mid Market and Enterprise segments.
- Partner with Campaigns, Brand, and ABM teams, as well as agency partners to build programmatic, content syndication and search campaigns.
- Own and deliver reporting analysis on performance and business impact, as well as conceiving and executing testing strategies.
- Accountable for conversion efficiency across multiple personas and creating full-funnel programs, including moving effectively from awareness to consideration stage.
- Guide, mentor and lead a team of digital media strategies and specialists, in addition to managing our important agency relationships.
We're looking for
- Strong experience in direct response, B2B demand gen and media planning.
- Experience in driving differentiated strategies across multiple segments, including SMB and Enterprise, from trial flows to ABM execution.
- Deep understanding and practical experience of planning global, regional and localized campaigns, including emerging markets.
- Deep understanding of programmatic media buying and experience with paid social media platforms.
- Skilled in audience insights, segmentation, persona targeting and integrating propensity models.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting on digital media performance to a range of audiences, including marketing counterparts and business stakeholders.
- Extensive team management skills, including career development and coaching.
- Experience partnering cross-functionally across marketing, internal stakeholders and agency partners.
Also, we know its tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You dont have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Director Performance Indicators
- # of leads/MQLs created, cost per lead
- % increase in MQL to SAO conversion rate and nurture progression
- % of SMB/MM leads from digital source, cost per trial acquisition
- % YoY growth in accounts engaged
- branded/non-branded Search volume, keyword rankings
- campaign conversion rates
To find out more about the compensation for this role, please apply to a role first. After completing a preliminary screening call, you'll be able to sign up here to view our compensation calculator. Be sure to use the same email address for both.
The base salary range for this roles listed level is currently $144,700-$230,600 plus bonus for Colorado residents and $144,600-$257,700 plus bonus for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLabs policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLabs EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.