Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
As Managing Director at Applecart, you will manage client engagements and relationships with some of the countrys most prominent corporations, trade associations, nonprofits, and political organizations. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team that is responsible for designing and executing high-stakes targeted advertising campaigns that leverage Applecarts data products.
What Youll Do:
- Manage select high stake client relationships and engagementsacross legislative and regulatory advocacy, b2b marketing, and corporate reputation campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, leading trade associations, and national nonprofit organizations
- Play a leadership role in hiring and the development of internal processes to enable Applecarts client services function to scale rapidly
- Design and supervise the creation of eye-catching written materials (proposals, reporting decks, case studies. etc.) that resonate with current and potential clients
- Design strategy for major advocacy and corporate marketing efforts (e.g., media plan, budget, etc.)
- Manage multiple project timelines, supervise external vendors and internal team to ensure clients expectations are consistently exceeded
- Analyze and interpret paid advertising performance and make thoughtful, high impact recommendations with respect to strategy, creative, and advertising strategy to achieve the clients goals
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience working on high profile advocacy and/or corporate marketing campaigns, including experience at an agency or consulting firm.
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships (e.g. CMOs, CCOs, trade association presidents, etc.)
- Significant experience producing client-ready business memos and decks end-to-end
- Strong background in designing, analyzing, and presenting the results of advertising campaigns, including across paid digital channels
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Experience and success at managing multiple tight timelines while maintaining a cool confidence
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor