Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for a Director of Digital Retail Programs to lead real world validation of our early life cycle products and for developing our account management strategy for CarGurus Digital Retail products. You work cross-functionally with Product, Operations, and Marketing to set success criteria, gather feedback and expose opportunities to delight our dealers and car shoppers with products beyond their expectations.
Additionally, you lead an account management as the tip of the spear for new launches. You are the front line in working directly with customers and develop playbooks for onboarding, sales materials, and leverage the voice of the customer to validate and improve the CG digital experience.
The person in this role should enjoy operating at a big picture, strategic level while simultaneously rolling up their sleeves to talk to customers daily. They should crave empowerment, have a high level of intellectual curiosity, enjoy bringing structure to ambiguity, and be proficient in developing business insights and executing. The ideal candidate wants to effect groundbreaking change. They not only optimize existing programs but are eager to consider, test, and enact brand-new approaches.
What You'll Do:
- Together with Sales, Account Management, Product and Operations owners, plan and execute programs focused on gathering early customer feedback to help ship functionality that delights customers.
- Developing and driving definition and standardizing frameworks for Alpha/Beta testing.
- Lead the Digital Retail Account Management team to turn lessons from Alpha/Beta into playbooks and training materials for the broader sales and account management team.
- Lead the account management team to build a process of early dealer feedback into product development, onboarding strategies, and sales cycle.
- Work with sales to handle communication and onboarding for new Alpha/Beta programs.
- Work with end users and a wide variety of internal teams to develop the strategy and execute the program to confirm from a customer perspective we are ready to launch.
- You will be a hands on contributor to support and troubleshoot issues, resolve problems, and keep the feedback flowing.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and put processes and tools in place to help us scale. Track, communicate status, and work cross-functionality to drive Beta/Alpha issues to resolution.
- Partner with others to generate new, innovative ideas. Become a subject matter expert on how dealers view Digital Retail and Dealer best practices.
- Guide and nurture talent on the account management cultivating an inclusive environment in which all members can bring their full selves to work.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree required, MBA a plus
- +5 Years of Relevant Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning and messaging. Can present complex information clearly and concisely to industry leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in the organization
- Proactive and results-oriented, can drive new processes and function effectively as an independent contributor
- Comfort working in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Open to travel
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary (e.g. owner mentality)
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.