Director, Digital Acquisition
EF Gap Year | Full-Time | Director Level | Marketing
EF Gap Year (a division of EF Education First) is seeking a passionate, dynamic, and innovative Director, Digital Acquisition with loads of entrepreneurial spirit to join our expanding marketing team.
In this very hands-on role, youll be the go-to person for all things acquisition working to create and optimize the ads, tools, systems, and strategies that will help grow this newly formed business within the EF family.
Every day youll work closely with the creative, marketing, sales, and technology teams as well as peers across the organization finding new and innovative ways to use digital channels to bring the EF Gap Year experience to students around the country.
Youll build and manage our PPC ads, assist in optimizing the EF Gap Year website for conversion, go deep into Google Analytics, and scour the marketing funnel for areas of untapped opportunity.
Youll tinker with landing pages, find and test new channels, pour over spreadsheets, and seek any performance advantage you can find.
Youll regularly brainstorm new ideas with the team, turning those ideas into smart strategies and those smart strategies into actionable plans that youll then roll up your sleeves to execute.
And youll be the teams go-to person for all things digital enthusiastically taking on any challenge that comes your way, and willing to go figure it out and make it happen whenever you encounter something you havent done before
Nodding your head yes to all of this? Then read on
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ Years of experience working in a digital marketing role at an agency, consumer brand, or high-growth startup
- Relevant (and current) hands-on experience setting up, managing, and optimizing ads on Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other digital channels
- Strong working knowledge of Google Analytics, UTM tagging, and web/campaign tracking best-practices
- Comfort moving between broad strategy and in-the-weeds execution on a regular basis
- Extensive experience analyzing and optimizing full marketing funnels, from click through to purchase
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to seek answers and push past obstacles
- An ability to generate ideas and work independently
- A deep understanding of conversion-improvement tactics, A/B testing approaches, and landing page optimization
- A desire to work in a small fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment
- Experience with Pardot, Twilio, Salesforce, and Wordpress is a big bonus
Every day, each member of small-but-mighty EF Gap Year team comes to work with incredibly talented, energetic coworkers who are dedicated to helping as many students as possible see the world and learn more about themselves in the process. Thats a pretty rewarding way to spend your days.
So, what will you do, specifically?
- Own, manage, and optimize our Facebook, Google AdWords, and other digital ad buys
- Work with the marketing and sales teams to devise and implement digital strategies that help support the always-evolving needs of the business
- Liaise with external digital vendors and partners, keeping those relationships sharp
- Oversee and manage our marketing technology stack and toolset
- QA test and troubleshoot changes and issues, ensuring that our digital ad buys and marketing systems are always running smoothly
- Assist in managing updates to the EF Gap Year website including the creation and optimization of campaign landing pages
- Analyze data and identify trends that help the business make smart decisions
- Implement tracking codes/pixels/strategies that help keep us smart and on top of our digital marketing performance
- Work within our CRM systems to create and deploy email and text campaigns both one-off and automated
- Explore and pursue new traffic and growth sources, testing and refining our digital marketing plan on an ongoing basis
- Brainstorm new campaign and engagement ideas that will help drive interest in the EF Gap Year program
Why youll love working here:
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office where youll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming and employee-run social groups (including our EFinity groups: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]). You can expect:
- Paid international travel at least once a year (more as you grow with us)
- Eligibility for our Workplace Flexibility Program: our pilot hybrid work model with up to two days of remote work per week, after your initial onboarding
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two) and nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF program discounts including travel, language schools, childcare, and more
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.