Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our content and tools to research and evaluate solar, batteries, community solar and other energy products and services. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out our coverage in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are ~100 employees and growing rapidly.
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote. #hybrid
Read more about our company and our team: energysage.com/about-us/company.
Design at EnergySage
We have grown by focusing on the needs of the customer - their problems, motivations, and limitations, and we relentlessly champion for them. Were heavier on the consumer side than on the B2B side of our marketplace. We have one of the most well-recognized and trusted brands for solar shopping in the US. Our team needs your help to build on this momentum in our solar and upcoming net new solar-adjacent marketplaces.
Our design team currently consists of high performing individuals in UX Design and Visual Design that are steeped in the best practices in the industry. The team is highly engaged in the work we do and cares deeply about each other and our mission to empower people to make smarter energy decisions through simplicity, transparency, and choice.
The Director of Design role (Product/UI/UX/Brand)
We are looking for a Director of Design to lead the design function within EnergySage - product design, UI/UX and Brand. The Director of Design will play a key role in the development and strategy of our products and brand by working through the full product lifecycle. The role is a huge opportunity to continue to grow and mentor our world-class design team and set the design vision across all our products as we move from a single category to multi category marketplace.
Building upon the design teams current capabilities, deepen and grow capabilities in Interaction Design, Visual Design and MarCom Design, while further expanding the design function to incorporate the full suite of capabilities across User Research, IA, and Content Design.
What youll do:
- Partner with relevant senior leadership team to ensure the seamless translation from marketing and product plans to creative strategy and execution.
- Be a strategist who can take a step back on overarching goals and opportunities, while also acting as a product practitioner who can meticulously work alongside his/her teams with domain knowledge and design prowess.
- Utilize design thinking principles to build engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity.
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on customer goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
- Partner with VP Marketing to drive evolution of brand identity
- Drive a sense of urgency in the team to deliver work, emphasizing the use of lean tools and techniques to more rapidly deliver work.
- Day-to-day work will consist of a combination of product oversight, design execution, people management, and design operations management.
- Maintains best practices for accessible design in our products
- Demonstrate strong management and communication skills.
- Manage the development of team members through dedicated mentorship, or less formal coaching and advice.
- Drive enterprise pattern definition and usage across both the consumer and B2B experience of our marketplace.
- Establish brand/visual design standards and work with VP Channel Partnerships to ensure consistency of brand across external partners.
- Partner with the Chief Product Officer to drive awareness, growth and maturity of the Experience Design function
What we look for:
- 8+ years of Design experience for consumers and consumer brands
- 4+ years of experience leading a team including hiring and performance coaching; you love to help others grow!
- Experience with B2C / eCommerce / Comparative Shopping / Marketplaces
- Experience leading and managing operations of a design team (e.g. critiques, team processes, capacity planning, etc.)
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills. You are focused on getting to the best solution rather than your solution.
- Strong understanding of design processes; knowledge of what is possible and what will be hard to achieve and/or implement in a digital environment.
- Strong skills in modern design tools like Figma
- You understand that design is a problem-solving tool and enabler of customer and business success.
- A strong focus on the customer and a passion for user research
- Web development skills (HTML/CSS/JS) and hands-on skills are a plus
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of trusted advisors with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.
#jobopening, #hiring, #careers, #employment, #EnergySage, #hybrid, #design, #product