The Director of Demand Generation drives our lead generation efforts, including the identification, attraction, and nurturing of qualified prospects. They thrive on the metrics and processes of B2B marketing. This accomplished individual possesses the ability to successfully take programs from concept to execution following up with evaluation against quantitative objectives. They understand how to optimize marketing programs spend, constantly update nurture paths, build out marketing operations, develop marketing campaigns and measure leads to closed opportunities.
Being able to move fast and think creatively is essential in this role as they establish programs that drive high volume and quality results through cost effective execution methods. As a leader, they report directly to the CMO and work closely across sales, product and marketing teams to drive greater revenue growth.
A little about the job:
- Manage our portfolio of inbound and advertising marketing programs, including campaign management, database and email marketing, webinars, paid search, sponsorships and partner marketing.
- Conducts frequent reporting and evaluation across all programs to evaluate overall effectiveness toward goals, identify areas of opportunity, and optimize based on results, including our cost per lead in various channels.
- Partners with the creative and product resources to optimize and test creative assets, landing pages, and ad copy.
- Monitors trends, implements best practices and tests new techniques to drive customer acquisition.
- Owns budgets for programs and forecasting growth and performance. Sets and updates budget caps in networks and makes sure accounts are pacing properly based on predetermined spend.
- Research and test partnerships with new vendors to expand our reach and/or lower cost-per-acquisition.
- Monitor and analyze performance against lead gen goals and over past performance and continually make and implement recommendations for optimization and ongoing growth.
- Identify new optimization tests and growth opportunities for additional investments.
- Track and report on campaign costs, performance, and ROI through the demand generation lifecycle
- Communicate to CMO on an ongoing basis regarding new and nurtured lead performance results, current initiatives, and course corrections being taken.
- Facilitate a strong working relationship with sales and product teams
- Manage a team of internal marketing specialists, external vendors, and budget to accomplish goals.
Measures of your success:
The following key performance indicators shall be used:
- Lead Volume. We currently generate thousands of leads and inquiries per month and we have aggressive growth goals.
- Lead Quality. Our ultimate success is measured by our sales teams ability to close the leads we generate, and we constantly strive to improve our target marketing efforts to generate the most qualified leads possible. This has two measures at Crayon, Sales Qualified Leads and Opportunities. Hitting targets for these metrics are crucial to this roles success.
- Cost per Lead. Our goal is to acquire leads at a reasonable cost such that the acquisition of leads can be scaled in a significant way.