Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We here at Superpedestrian are growing our team and are looking for an experienced and talented Director of Data Science and Business Intelligence to lead a team of Data Engineers and Analysts to drive continued improvement to our data stack, infrastructure and reporting capabilities. We are looking for someone who has owned and done this in a complex, global environment and has knowledge and exposure to data regulations and standards (such as GDPR, etc.) and can help us continue our rapid growth and expansion globally!
What you'll do:
- Lead and grow a team of Data engineers and analysts to design and execute data-driven decision making and build out the Business Intelligence function
- Set best practices and processes for analysis, model building, experimentation design, data infrastructure strategy and roadmap, etc.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to define strategy and vision, and align the team effort and individuals goals to reach there
- Drive vision and strategy for Business Intelligence function and team
- Define and build a strong data culture at Superpedestrian by working cross-functionally and with data leadershipDeeply understand the business and proactively spot risks and opportunitiesServe as coach and mentor to the Data Engineers and Analysts
What youll bring:
- Advanced knowledge in Analytics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Management or related disciplines
- Extensive and relevant work experience leading and growing a high-performing Data Engineering and Business Intelligence teams
- 5+ years of experience in a management role
- 7-10+ years of hands-on experience and knowledge of classic and modern ML and data science tools and techniques
- A proven track record of using quantitative analysis to impact key decisions
- Experience managing and developing a team, covering both individual development as well as overall team strategy and operations
- Strong storyteller and ability to communicate effectively with managers and executives
- Ideally, strong skills in SQL, Python, R and others
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.