Directs the activities of one or more data engineering teams. Provides operational as well strategic leadership for the design, development, testing and delivery of large scale data centric frameworks and analytics centric, products driven enterprise integration
Leads development and execution of highly complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
Leads enterprise integration of analytics assets into member engagement products through API, streaming and file based interfacing technologies.
Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with detailed knowledge of multiple programming languages and data infrastructure.
Leads big data centric migration efforts from on-prem to cloud platforms, hands on experience with cloud engineering and migration.
- 10 or more years of progressively experience leading engineering teams, in a hands-on fashion.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with big data/Hadoop technologies.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with cloud architecture and engineering, with at least one major platform (GCP (preferred),AWS, Azure).
- Expert experience implementing complex, enterprise-wide data transformation and processing solutions.
- Expertise in Java, Python, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Pig, MySQL or NoSQL or similar.
- Superior collaboration and communication skills within and across teams.
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking ability.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Machine Learning, or related discipline
Bachelor's required, Master's or PhD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.