Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason were projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when were surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? Wed love to chat.
Thrasio is hiring a Director of Data and Analytics Engineering to help build and scale our analytics team in Boston or New York!
As the Director of Data and Analytics Engineering you will be a part of the technology team responsible for building world class data solutions and enabling large teams across the business to move faster and smarter. This role will work with business leaders, product managers, and peers within engineering to ensure our data and analytics stacks are scalable and meet our current needs. This highly visible and strategic position will champion data solutions that leverage our data assets to maximize business value while furthering our competitive advantage.
- Provide leadership, vision and direction to the BI and Analytics organization to ensure it contributes to the company achieving its goals
- Develop an internal customer-focused operating model to deliver reporting, dashboards, insights, analytics, and data-driven operational assets to drive value to the organization using data as a competitive advantage
- Align with leadership to define and develop the data architecture and data solutions roadmap
- Identify the right technology solutions, align the right resources and oversee the development of a wide range of Big Data solutions to tackle key business opportunities and challenges
- Develop technical architecture, design and implementation of data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower our stakeholders to solve their data driven analytics and reporting needs.
- Lead multiple Data and Analytics engineering teams to develop best in class high performing, easy-to-use self-service BI solutions answering both simple and complex business problems
- Identify and remove obstacles, mitigate risks for flawless execution and solution delivery
- Create a culture across teams that drives successful delivery and adoption of technology and data solutions.
What you bring to the party:
- 7+ years modeling complex enterprise large data sets with at least 4+ years leading a team of data engineers and analysts building analytics products in a fast-paced technology company.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Management or other engineering or quantitative discipline field with experience applying technical skills to solve business problems
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-tech and customer obsessed environment.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to perform under pressure and management of multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Snowflake,RedShift, S3, and other industry tools
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouse Architectures, OLAP technologies, Star-schema
- Extensive experience in data warehousing, analytics and business intelligence with a focus on modernized cloud-based platforms, platform as a service databases and analytics tool
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated success working with senior leadership including executives and developing a data architecture roadmap, and providing recommendations that drive business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Experience leading the development of custom built Enterprise BI and big data reporting solutions
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and arent afraid to challenge assumptions, so were looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
Youre encouraged to apply even if your experience doesnt precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.