Reporting to the VP Services, Customer Success & Support, the Director CSS will be responsible for standing up and running a global support team.
Customer Success is our #1 priority and we are committed to delivering customer delight with every customer interaction. The Director CSS is a core member of the Customer Success team who is accountable for delivering world-class proactive software support and leading the team through our era of exciting and rapid transformation.
We are looking for an operational fanatic with strong Cloud/SaaS Support experience who is a tireless advocate for exceeding customer expectations. Success in this role requires a leader to be passionate, innovative, disruptive, open and fun – all of our core values. The ideal candidate: has very successfully run a large operational support organization at scale, can lead and motivate globally, and influence effortlessly across the business.
What You'll Do
- Lead the DemandTec Global Support organization to deliver world-class Support and proactive technical health to our customers
- Play an active role on the Customer Success team to help develop and define overall strategy
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering, providing feedback from customers on product quality and features and influencing design for supportability
- Innovate and develop new ways to achieve high levels of customer loyalty and satisfaction
- Develop and drive key performance indicators that deliver the best customer experience and productivity. Manage and monitor performance
- Exceed quarterly goals (i.e., response time, resolution time, customer satisfaction, etc.)
- Oversee regular operational reviews, including performance reporting and continuous improvement progress
- Develop strategies to manage cost and scale without sacrificing quality of service
- Analyze and optimize support operations. Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Partner to develop the right organization design. Recruit, develop, motivate and engage talent to accelerate the success of the Global Support team.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to achieve common goals
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years Customer Support or related Operational leadership experience
- 7+ years experience leading 50+ person organizations in a high-growth SaaS/Cloud environment
- 10+ years experience translating takeaways from the Support function into actions that help improve product functionality, positively impacting renewals and sales.
- Understanding of and passion for the Customer Success vision and function, and its impact on revenue and customer retention
- Experience implementing and driving Knowledge, Self-Service, CRM, ERP and Incident management tools for customer support processes
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills. Strong executive presence, influencing skills, presentation skills and business insight.
- Strong Enterprise customer experience with the ability to communicate effectively with customers at the executive level
- Ability to advocate on behalf of customers with a proactive approach, anticipate needs and leverage resources from across the company as needed
- Extensive experience hiring, managing, and developing employees
- Analytical, problem solving, data driven, and results oriented
- A demonstrable desire for innovation, continuous learning and improvement
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent, critical projects is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, reactive, changing, and results oriented atmosphere
- Desire to work hard, produce results and have fun doing it
Nice to Have
- Retail and/or CPG industry experience
- Experience working with Analytics-based solutions
- Familiarity with Finance models as applied to software industry
- MBA strongly preferred
- Process reengineering experience a plus
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.