Crayon is looking for a proven Director of Content Marketing to own the strategic vision and execution of Crayons evolving content marketing strategy. This person will lead an internal and external team of writers, creators, and media strategists, to develop a top-notch multi-channel, multi-format content strategy that builds our company brand, engages new and existing customers, and drives SEO growth and conversion. They will lead and inspire innovative and bold content programs and elevate creative thinking across the content marketing team while continuously identifying trends and opportunities to amplify the Crayon brand.
At Crayon we are already leading the emerging category of Competitive Intelligence software and with this newly created role we are looking to cement and extend that leadership. This role will report into the Chief Marketing Officer.
The ideal candidate is a communications and content marketing professional with a strong writing background, excellent story-telling skills, and extensive experience developing content within B2B Marketing organizations.
A little about the role:
- Lead Crayons content strategy, defining the content teams objectives and goals within the larger marketing organization and business. You will craft and own the teams roadmap and budget to meet objectives and maximize effectiveness against key success metrics.
- Walk in the shoes of our target personas Fully immersed in their worlds and understanding their pain points and opportunities and the technical aspects of competitive intelligence programs ensuring that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance with our priority audiences, and elevates us as thought leaders.
- Drive creative thinking - Blend effectiveness and creativity in order to create best-in-class content that incites engagement and grows our audiences. Act as a creative champion for new, interesting content ideas.
- Partner with our demand gen, product marketing, recruiting, support & sales teams to make sure our content is cohesive, inspiring, and delivered consistently in every touchpoint.
- Ensure content development aligns with funnel-building objectives for target segments.
- Leverage data, reporting and analytical insights to set goals, test, measure success, and continually refine our content mix and strategy toward better outcomes.