Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for a dynamic Director to join its Compass team, bringing together a deep knowledge of health data and analytics, entrepreneurial energy, and passion for client engagement to drive Compass data product adoption and growth. You will be a member of a growing business unit at Veeva, working closely with Compass Strategy and Account Partners to position Compass data products (patient data and prescriber data) in-market and fuel product line growth.
The Director of Compass Strategic Consulting is responsible for supporting customer engagements in pre-sales, working directly with customers to build brand awareness, highlighting data network strengths and points of differentiation, demonstrating best practices in data use, and showcasing the art of the possible leveraging Compass data. Additionally, in your role, you will partner closely with members of a cross-functional team to scope dashboards and perform analysis designed to accelerate the pre-sales process, specifically in the areas of customer targeting and Compass data network profiling.
As a subject-matter expert in data and analytics, your role will be critical to driving customer awareness and adoption and will have a direct impact on the commercial success of our products. The feedback you receive from customer in-market will be curated and shared with members of the Compass team to inform Compass product roadmap, feature releases, and our data acquisition strategy.
If you are intellectually curious, get excited about bringing new products to market, and enjoy working in an innovative, dynamic environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
What You'll Do
- Engage with customers as SME on Veeva Compass. You will be expected to communicate our value proposition clearly, handle objections, and discuss how Compass products can be used to support customer use cases
- Bring a consultative approach to the pre-sales process, performing customer and therapeutic area research to guide Compass positioning and build a deeper understanding of customer business needs
- Partner with customers to develop requirements for pre-sales reporting and analytics
- Manage multiple projects/analyses of varying complexity leveraging claims and prescriber-level data and ensure on-time delivery for internal and external customers
- Direct day-to-day analytics activities and priorities of other team members to support analytics projects and inbound requests
- Manage customer requests and follow-ups through to completion, coordinating support from cross-functional teams as needed
- Develop customer presentations and craft messaging based on therapeutic area and data network knowledge
- Contribute to new business development planning, helping to inform strategy based on therapeutic area knowledge and data expertise
- Be a trusted advisor to the customer, serving as a key point of contact with the client in conjunction with Strategy
- Collect and curate market feedback and share it with the cross-functional Compass team to drive product roadmap and data acquisition strategy
- Educate cross-functional teams on client data needs, challenges and/or gaps
- Lead the design and completion of strategic initiatives designed to support and accelerate the pre-sales (e.g., dashboard creation, advanced data network analytics, market profiling, etc)
- Assist Account Partners in developing Compass responses to customer RFP/RFIs
- 10+ years of healthcare data and/or analytics experience
- Deep experience within life sciences, working with commercial teams, managing consulting or analytics engagements with clients
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial data sets and how these are leveraged to support commercial teams
- Expertise with tools required to support pre-sales: MS Office applications (Excel, PPT) & Project management (Jira, Confluence)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully engage all levels of client organizations
- Ability to travel for customer meetings and internal events, as needed
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and presentation skills
Nice to Have
- Programming expertise (SQL, Python)
- Data visualization expertise (Tableau, Power BI)
- Experience working with product and/or agile teams
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].