Cedar is the first complete payment solution in healthcare, uniquely bringing together payers and providers to deliver a ground-breaking consumer experience and eliminate administrative waste. Our technology reimagines patient billing and engagement, enabling providers and payers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Director of Commercial Strategy will be responsible for (1) finding product-market fit (2) developing the go-to-market motion, and (3) scaling growth in close partnership with the product lead for a new Cedar product. You will work cross-functionallywith Product, Marketing, Partnerships, and Implementations among other teamson a key initiative for the company. If you are successful, patients will have a better financial experience, customers will adopt our product, see a return on investment, and Cedar will realize significant revenue from a new product line.
- Establish the process for commercializing a new product. Such as pricing, positioning, messaging, materials, and playbooks
- Understand customer and consumer pain points across market segments and articulate how Cedars product can tackle them This includes developing and testing hypotheses on value propositions including quantifying them
- Work closely with Product to identify features for a differentiated offering
- Build, iterate, and deliver messaging with Product, Marketing, Commercial, and Implementation
- Independently execute projects with mentorship from VP, Commercial Strategy
- Contribute to a culture that adheres to Cedars values of focusing on our vision, using good judgment, applying a growth mindset, and rejecting mediocrity
Required skills and experience
- Entrepreneurial experience, not limited to startups, but more broadly owning the development and launch of a new initiative with constrained resources
- Proven track record to address sophisticated, undefined problems by working cross-functionally
- Operates well in ambiguity, and does not require heavy direction to optimally achieve their day-to-day goals
- Healthcare intuition is important but healthcare experience is not required
- Willing to learn and get into the details with Product or Engineering
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation) to influence internal stakeholders and external customers at multiple levels of enterprise organizations
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare finance experience
- Client facing sales or business development experience
- Relevant enterprise software or healthcare experience
- Prior work in provider-patient experience particularly pre-visit a plus
- Experience with analytical tools. Finance or consulting background a plus
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year, and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- Work on the lively challenges of scaling a high-growth startup with low-ego and encouraging people
- Ownership over your success and the ability to impact the growth of our company,
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Work remotely or at one of our offices
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the role who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.