Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role:
As Director of Campaigns, you will be the strategic bridge between some of the countrys most prominent political campaigns, independent expenditure efforts, and public affairs campaigns and Applecarts data products and data analytics experts. In this role, you will be a trusted advisor to client leadership teams, translating data science and analytics into actionable campaign strategies, paid communications plans and terms clients understand.
What Youll Do:
- Act as a client-facing strategist to support high-profile political and advocacy campaigns by advising clients on the development of data-driven strategy, campaign plans, quantitative research, and the use of Applecarts data products
- Communicate and present clearly, comfortably, and expertly about political strategy and data concepts verbally and in written form
- Manage the development of polished deliverables in both memo and slide-deck form with keen attention to detail
- Lead an internal project team to execute on high stakes campaigns
- Provide effective support and mentorship to junior team members
- Manage the development of quantitative research instruments (e.g. polling, predictive modeling) to inform client strategy
Who You Are:
- 7+ years of experience performing strategic roles for political campaigns and/or independent expenditure efforts.
- Significant experience advising high-stakes decisions using polling and/or microtargeting to win elections
- Experience creating and delivering reports in presentation, slide deck, and memo form to high-profile clients
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication and presentation skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Significant experience managing multiple simultaneous high-stakes projects with competing priorities
- Demonstrated success managing a team of multiple direct reports (more than 1)
- Take a player-coach approach to management; most comfortable when both managing and getting your hands dirty
- Strong understanding of the operations and methodologies of political polling and/or analytics, including the survey writing, fielding, modeling, and reporting processes
- Experience working on a variety of different types of campaigns, from state legislative to high-profile U.S. Senate races or presidential contests, on both the hard dollar and IE-side
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor