We are looking for a Director of Business Development to drive the growth of Tomorrow.ios technology contracts with US Federal Civilian agencies.
The successful candidate will devise appropriate strategies to identify, qualify and ensure federal technology contract wins through strategic, tactical, and hands-on ownership of all aspects of new government business acquisition, capture management and proposal development.
What you'll do:
- Identify, qualify, and capture a new business pipeline of opportunities focused on the Federal civilian agency market that support Tomorrow.ios growth strategy
- Determine the government use cases and capabilities gaps that Tomorrow.ios weather intelligence solution addresses
- Bring from opportunity identification to close, multi-year R&D, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) based contracts
- Build and leverage high-level and impactful relationships within the Federal marketspace
- Identify potential teaming partners and build integrated teams in both the Prime and Sub positions on government programs
- Research and understand the competitive environment at the agency and program level
- Track the status of potential opportunities and be responsible for updating the status of all pipeline opportunities
- Closely collaborate with cross-functional technical and business colleagues to qualify and respond to RFIs/RFPs
- Understand and present the Tomorrow.io weather intelligence platform value proposition to key government stakeholders
What it takes:
- BA/BS degree
- 10+ years of enterprise software and/or hardware business development experience with at least 5 years of which is in the Federal technology market
- Success driving new closed deals with total contract values greater than $2M
- Advanced knowledge of how the Federal technology marketplace works
- A demonstrated track record of building a successful qualified government deal pipeline and transitioning to capture
- Proven capability to build relationships and grow accounts in Federal Civilian agencies
- Experience evaluating and recommending key teammates and partners, along with determining a teaming strategy to optimize win probability
- Understanding of Federal fiscal year budgeting and acquisition processes
- Strong analytical and verbal and written communication skills
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States lawfully must be provided
Based in Washington DC metro area
Tomorrow.io is helping Countries, Businesses and Individuals better manage their Climate Security Challenges. Fully customizable to any industry impacted by the weather, customers around the world including Uber, Delta, Ford, National Grid and more use Tomorrow.io to dramatically improve operational efficiency. Tomorrow.io was built from the ground up to help teams predict the business impact of weather, streamline team communication and action plans, improve productivity, and optimize profit margins.
Space: In case you have not heard, we are also going to space with our Operation Tomorrow Space initiative. We are building the first-of-its-kind proprietary satellites equipped with radar, and launching them into space to improve weather forecasting technology for everyone on Earth.
How we roll: We work in an one office environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.