Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role
As a Director of Business Development, Direct Sales at Applecart you will focus on growing direct-to-client business which will contribute to the companys overall revenue growth. You will leverage your corporate experience and industry contacts to engage and close deals with Fortune 500 companies. You excel in high-energy environments and relish dealing with all the challenges that growth creates. You have experience in communications and strategy, and an interest in driving business. You would work with a talented team of political, public affairs, and marketing strategists, data scientists, and data analysts who, together, impact elections, policy outcomes, and marketing success for Applecarts high profile clients.
What Youll Do
- Build and manage a book of Fortune 500 direct-to-client relationships, focusing on sales across different verticals (e.g. corporate reputation, government affairs, investor relations, sales, employee engagement) to drive revenue.
- Develop compelling proposals that reflect a deep understanding of both the companys products and the clients public affairs, communications, and/or marketing challenges.
- Own the sales lifecycle from lead identification to prospecting to pitching and closing business.
- Prospect new business through compelling and creative strategies.
- Become an expert in Applecarts value proposition and product.
- Analyze industry trends and segments to create new sources of qualified leads.
- Utilize a CRM (Hubspot) system to track activity and manage sales opportunities.
- Research and track business news, as well as public affairs and political developments to identify new business opportunities.
- Present and communicate clearly, comfortably, and expertly about the companys product offerings, verbally and in written form
Who You Are
- 5+ years of experience working for a management consulting, communications, or strategy firm, or in a communications or government relations function at a Fortune 500 corporation.
- A deep understanding of Fortune 500 public affairs, strategic communications, and marketing operations and objectives.
- Results driven with a proven track record of meeting and exceeding established goals
- Ability and desire to help grow a new business line and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- You possess an energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter