Cedar is the first complete payment solution in healthcare, uniquely bringing together payers and providers to deliver a transformative consumer experience and eliminate administrative waste! Our technology reimagines patient billing and engagement, enabling providers and payers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Director of Business Development will play a key role in accelerating Cedars commercial growth and crafting Cedars go-to-market strategy! You will own commercial partnerships from inception to negotiation to execution, working closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to identify and realize sustainable mutual value.
We need an expert in healthcare administration and revenue cycle, engaging with our ecosystem(s) and building strategic relationships. By understanding Cedars products, you will represent them compellingly to prospective partners, and uncover and unlock sources of mutual value with our partners. You will be responsible for driving deals to closure, leaning on a keen ability to navigate complex partner organizations and their decision-making processes.
We are searching for an exceptional strategic thinker and problem solver, who has operational healthcare experience, can work closely with product and technical teams, and is comfortable navigating executive-level relationships within large healthcare organizations. You will report to the VP of Business Development.
- Use business acumen and structured approaches to analyze potential markets, customer needs, and competitive landscape to understand growth opportunities
- Identify and screen business opportunities by contacting and networking with potential partners
- Build business cases for new partnerships, including operational and financial planning
- Develop external and internal presentations and proposals
- Work collaboratively with Cedars product, marketing, and commercial strategy teams to evaluate product build requirements
- Close high-impact business deals by navigating partner organizations, crafting sustainably valuable deals, negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Post-deal-closing, ensure partnerships are set up for operational success by mobilizing appropriate internal resources; bring lessons learned back into the deal-making process
- Provide strategy support across the business as needed
- Represent Cedar in external settings such as conferences, seminars, and networking events
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years experience in business development, strategic sales, or partner management
- Prior healthcare experience required
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to different types of audiences, including executives
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Collaborative teammate excited to work on big problems
- Willingness to travel
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team to solve problems that affect millions of people annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to play a large and influential role in Cedars growth and strategy
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Support for hybrid work styles (in-office, hybrid, fully remote)