Director of Product, Content
At TripAdvisor, we aim to unleash the full potential of every trip. Our content is the key behind assuring a world-class, traveler experience. As a Product Director, you will lead the vision and execution of the product roadmap within TripAdvisor’s large and dynamic Content team. The Content team is the data layer of TripAdvisor’s product, and is charged with converting the company’s massive data trove into strategic value, either in the form of improved user experience or new revenue streams.
The Product Director will manage a team of product managers, lead a product strategy, and oversee the implementation of functionality to ensure scalable processes and high quality content. The Product Director will also work closely with multiple teams, including engineering, moderation, integrity, data quality, and customer support. The role puts a premium on effective cross-functional collaboration and the Product Director will partner with senior leaders throughout the organization to help deliver on important initiatives.
The successful candidate will have a technical, analytical or business background, and proven record of accomplishment of delivering results, preferably in a high-volume, operational capacity, with product management expertise and leadership capability.
This position reports to the Senior Director, leading a team of experienced Product Managers.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of product managers to design mostly processes, tools and functionality globally; includes hiring, retaining and growing a high-performing team
- Work closely with the senior management and other product managers to identify gaps in product functionality and partner with developers to address
- Build business cases and analytical support/insight for new initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Prioritize roadmap of product areas and initiatives for development
- Drive product definitions which translate business needs, customer needs and technological capabilities into front back end enhancements
- Lead cross-functional teams to produce product specifications, establish milestones, and manage the development and implementation against goals
- Communicate product status, key issues and launch plans to key constituents across the TripAdvisor organization including senior management, engineering, etc.
- Measure product performance and identification of key levers of improvement - including design and analysis of relevant reports
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identifying and leading relevant market, site and consumer research needs
What We Seek:
- Demonstrated ability to lead both the longer-term vision and near-term execution of product roadmap
- Minimum 10 years of experience with at least eight years of product management in a leading, fast paced Web-based consumer business preferred
- Proven ability to build teams and lead organizations in rapid growth environment; minimum 4+ years people-management experience leading a team of high-performing product managers and product marketers
- Operationally-focused mindset with interest and knowledge in process improvement and tools development
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and managing new product launches, including a proven ability to champion products throughout the lifecycle and drive to key decisions
- Sound business judgment and ability to build business case around a product or service
- Excellent communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Strong organization and analytical skills absolutely required
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative environment
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically with competing business needs
- MBA preferred, but not required