Office Tour Photos
The 3D Visualization team is a rapidly evolving division within Wayfair which is revolutionizing how imagery is created. This group is working on highly visible projects which drive innovation daily for Wayfair. Our teams ability to inspire customers through creating high quality and inspirational imagery is a core differentiator for Wayfair. We are looking for a Senior Leader to achieve our goals of producing beautiful and impactful imagery and experiences at scale.
The Director of 3D Viz will lead a team of 100+ artists and must have experience managing a large, fast-paced, production oriented, technical 3D team. We are looking for someone who will consult and advise on technical road maps and proprietary tool build-outs to frame workflow systems in automation and which drive both quality and scale goals. Qualified candidates will be skilled at both change management and inspiring creatives to innovate and execute. We are looking for a proven leader who will continually shape and develop the teams skill sets based on business goals and also to manage the group to rely more heavily on automation and process optimizations which increase both quality and output. This includes oversight of multiple stages of 3D asset creation, driving quality and output which enable the creation of photo real assets at increasingly lower costs for multiple cross-functional applications. The work will require headcount planning, goal adaptations, performance and change management in a fast-paced environment.
This leaders effectiveness will be critical to the teams ability to scale and evolve with business needs. Successful applicants will be highly driven, comfortable with constant change and will be able to rigorously prioritize work as business needs evolve.
In this role you will:
- Make Wayfair 3D Viz department an industry renowned, world class studio
- Create and execute department roadmap which drives strategy and meets evolving the business needs for the 3D team and includes buy-in from executive cross-functional stakeholders
- Lead, calibrate, and develop 3D artists of multiple tenures and skills sets, who are responsible for a variety of technical outputs
- Develop and vet technologies, software, processes and tools in order to meet evolving business goals
- Direct 3D art team output, including the development of systems and best practices for new asset creation and technical capabilities
- Be accountable for output against spend and constantly work to improve those metrics and our working environment
- Work across the company to identify and secure necessary resources to meet aggressive goals
- Collaborate with Creative Directors to ensure quality standards are consistently met on time, on budget and that we are always striving to improve the photo realism and cost metrics of our outputs
- Work with business stakeholders to prioritize, manage and then exceed expectations
- Manage and develop next generation image creation technologies; including, but not limited to real time and motion
- 10+ years managing large groups of technical 3D artists; including driving strategy and headcount planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; including excellent presentations skills and the ability to readily communicate complex technical issues/concepts to non-technical peers and executives
- Able to mentor teams work; including setting priorities and thinking outside of the box for unconventional solutions to large scale challenges
- Able to build relationships at all levels in the organization and translate and advocate for technical needs onto other teams roadmaps and priority lists.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive. Makes sound business decisions even when faced with ambiguity and competing priorities
- Keen eye for talent, able to mentor and develop strong technical artists and creatives
- Knowledge of 3DS Max and V-ray
More Jobs From