Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are producing sustainable and ethical food. Benchlings mission is to accelerate the research that propels us towards this reality, and magnify its impact, through modern software.
Every day, scientists around the world use Benchlings applications, platform, & analytics in their efforts to solve humanitys most pressing problems. For these scientists, Benchling is the central technology they use to conduct their research. Our customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the worlds most renowned research institutes.
As the Digital Marketing Lead you will set the roadmap for our overall digital marketing strategy. This role will report into our Head of Demand Generation. This is a pivotal role to drive customer acquisition across digital channels, including website experiences, paid campaigns, and support integrated marketing campaigns.
In this role, you will:
- Define the strategy, vision, and roadmap for all digital channels to drive Benchlings growth strategy including SEO, Paid Search, Benchling website and optimization
- Lead and grow a team of talented digital marketing professionals
- Align with the campaigns lead to ensure digital execution of the Integrated Campaigns plan including ABM
- Manage the digital marketing budget in order to ensure every dollar is being used to maximum efficiency and effectiveness, making it a no brainer to increase our investment in order to drive even larger outcomes
- Identify and outline the digital customer journey from awareness to justification for a new customer of Benchling
- Work closely with Marketing Operations to pull insights across the digital customer journey of our customers
- Manage the digital marketing team ensuring each of their individual initiatives and strategies map up to the broader digital marketing strategy
- Present to the senior leadership team on key trends were seeing across all segments and the effect digital marketing is having on the outcomes of the business
- Collaborate with the creative team in order to ensure appropriate resourcing toward key initiatives
- Build a staffing plan for the digital marketing team that scales for future growth of the business in order to ensure appropriate resource allocation for the work that needs to be completed
- 7+ years of marketing experience in a managing multiple functional roles within Marketing such as web, digital, and paid advertising
- Advanced experience working with Google Analytics, Pardot, Salesforce, and Rollworks (or similar ABM platform)
- Advanced understanding of marketing program management tools, processes, and reporting
- Experience growing and managing high performance teams, ideally with a global mindset
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with departments
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive actionable insights and decision-making
Benchling welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
- Admit mistakes and shortcomings
- Deliver results
- Disagree and commit
- Obsess over customers
- Rely on work ethic
- Show empathy
- Recruit and develop the best
- Sweat the details
- Think and communicate clearly
- Unite around the mission
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Weekly virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US Employees Only)
- Monthly health & wellness stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Yearly educational stipend (Currently US Employees Only)
- Flexible & Generous Vacation Policy: If you feel you need a break, you can talk directly with your manager to find coverage and support while you are out of the office. Need time off to vote? We've got you covered.
- Quarterly company-wide mental health days off
- Holiday Shut-down: company-wide holiday shut-down between Christmas Eve and New Years
- Major US and EMEA holidays observed
- To support remote work conditions during the COVID-19 pandemic, Benchling provides each employee a one-time stipend of $1,000(USD) upon commencing employment, and additional discounted employee purchase plans for home-office equipment.
In following best practices and safety protocols, all Benchling employees are expected to work remotely until we are further advised that it is safe for employees to resume work in their respective office locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.