Who We Are
The Wayfair Creative team is a multi-talented group of innovative thinkers across many disciplines, partnering closely with strategic leaders to catapult Wayfair into the leading destination for all things home by developing engaging consumer campaigns, next-in-class consumer experiences, and scalable, but distinct brand systems.
What Youll Do
Were looking for a well-rounded Design Manager to support our branded events and on-site experience. Youll support Wayfairs consumer-facing brand and marketing efforts by developing promotional campaigns that best translate business objectives and goals. Youll also lead and inspire a small team of designers. In partnership with brand and UX designers, youll be tasked to elevate and reimagine our on-site every day and promotional experience. Youll be responsible for leading all stages of the creative process, from concept through final execution. Graphic deliverables include identity elements, digital and paid social activations, email marketing, on site activations, and more. Youll present creative recommendations to cross functional partners for alignment and buy-in and work closely with marketing teams, designers, copywriters, Imagery Art Directors, motion artists and more. To be successful in this role, you must be resourceful and inventive, eager to partner with other creatives and non-creatives alike.
- Able to concept and implement highly creative, omni-channel solutions
- Can develop multiple, differentiated creative concepts and solutions; Able to speak to the merits of each as it pertains to the brief and brand positioning
- Manages a team of 2-3 designers. Setting a clear vision for the team, providing creative feedback to positively improve the work and drive individual development and growth.
- Knows how to think beyond the brieflooking for additional opportunities to drive performance, consumer engagement, and long-term brand affinity
- Keeps a high quality bar and self-prioritizes their work to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Identifies how to evolve creative by assessing the ever-evolving industry landscape, trends, and competitors.
- Strong ability to adapt to new information and proactively identify go-forward plans that meet business objectives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with expertise in design and art direction.
- Expert understanding of creative concepting, typography, layout, brand identity, and color usage
- Advanced usage of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), Sketch and Google Suite
- Experience coaching and directing junior team members
- Ability to adhere to creative guidelines and apply marketing channel best practices to ensure brand readiness and success in performance marketing
- Applies a consumer-first approach to creative efforts
- Strong understanding of digital design and application of mobile first design principles
- Strong written and communication skills; Able to tailor their communication to their audience and make clear connections between the creative work and business need for their audience
- Passionate collaborator; Demonstrates a culture of inclusivity, keeping a tight working relationship with their fellow creatives and internal partners. Understands that we have common goals and recognizes that great ideas come from all.
- A keen active listener; Able to recognize visual and verbal cues, read in between the lines, and ask clarifying questions to understand the intent behind the feedback
- Some experience with art direction for brand imagery; Able to articulate their visual imagery needs with our internal imagery team so that final execution meets its mark.
Resume & Portfolio
To be considered you must have an online portfolio. Your work should demonstrate a strong eye for design, a respect for brand standardsboth following and creating them.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.