Office Tour Photos
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers and health plans in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
The Digital Content Strategist works closely with Product Marketing and Digital Marketing teams to drive quality, relevant thought leadership and demand generation content across multiple distribution platforms (video, written, multi-media, etc.). This role will work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to identify and maximize channels for promoting Virgin Pulse’s thought leadership and point of view (webinars, surveys, conferences, blogs, video and other multi-media).
The Content Strategist is also responsible for website content and content evolution. This role with work with marketing stakeholders and SMEs to determine how best to position products, manage inbound demand generation and evangelize corporate messages and differentiators. Ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated interest in healthcare (health, wellness, digital therapeutics, mental health, etc), SaaS technology/B2B marketing and bring a data-driven mindset.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Align with marketing stakeholders, primarily Product Marketing and Demand Generation teams, to drive the quality, volume and brand consistency of Virgin Pulse thought leadership and demand generation content across multiple channels and distribution platforms (video, written, website/inbound, multi-media, social media)
- Proactively research and stay abreast of Virgin Pulse’s market and ensure content and content strategy are aligned to seed and build on market interest and momentum
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal and associated internal stakeholders and create opportunities for them to promote thought leadership (webinars, conference speaking sessions, authored content/blogs, video and other digital assets)
- Responsible for curating website content and keeping it fresh and forward-thinking as the industry and organization evolve. As a growing and evolving company, effectively and creatively positioning our products, manage inbound demand generation and communicate corporate messages will be critical.
- Revise, maintain and enforce brand guidelines to ensure consistency and clarity of message externally as well as internally (ensure adherence across the organization).
- Continuously measure content performance relative to company and departmental KPIs and goals.
- Ability to translate analytical data into compelling stories.
- Direct and execute on content strategy and production. This is a hands-on role where you will be expected to write frequently and manage internal and freelance resources to create content resources across the entire buying cycle – from awareness to decision-level content, including:
- writing short and long-form content, including ebooks, whitepapers, video scripts, product content, bylines, award submissions
- Ideating and create infographics
- Working with Social media and SEM managers to create conversion-oriented SEO-framed blog posts
- Copywriting and sales messaging for website and collateral and a variety of creative projects (tradeshows, webinars, annual customer event)
- Authoring articles for internal or external newsletters or email communications
- Coordinate ideation and production of multi-media assets for demand gen (online calculators, progression/conversion-oriented interactive content, etc.)
- Cultivating an internal Speaker’s Bureau comprised of cross-functional SMEs with a goal of securing Virgin Pulse’s speakers for industry events, interviews, webinars.
- Preferred software and skills include Hubspot, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Google Analytics, SEM Rush, Salesforce, inbound marketing and photography
- Ensure website copy is complete, compelling and adheres to brand guidelines
- Collaborate with Social and Sr. Digital Manager to monitor blog, and resources performance for optimal traffic/conversion;
- Proactively recommend content topics, strategies and content tools for accelerating conversion and traffic
- Continuously monitor and suggest improvements for optimizing the website content journey
- Work with SEO/SEM manager to ensure web copy is attracting and converting appropriate targets (qualified inbound leads).
Cultivate SME relationships
- Understand Virgin Pulse market areas and cultivate internal and external SMEs
- Identify SMEs across the organization and surface relevant opportunities for bylined thought leadership content (Q&As, blogs, videos)
- Develop and manage content calendar and plans with SMEs to ensure consistent flow of relevant thought leadership content and topics (advertorials, paid promotional guides, editorial, contributed articles, etc.)
- Work with Demand Generation and Product Marketing teams to understand any gaps in SMEs and thought leadership content
- Work with corporate communications team to strategize and execute a plan for securing opportunities for Virgin Pulse speakers at conferences, bylines, news article inclusions
- Manage outsourced content producers that support deliverables.
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or Public Health
- 5-7+ years of corporate and B2B communications, copy writing/editing, long-form creative or technical writing
- Ability to develop compelling content strategies and execute associated deliverables
- Brings analytical/data-driven mindset and can measure content performance relative to pipeline and revenue goals
- Strong written communication skills; journalism background preferred
- Sophisticated command of grammar, vocabulary and writing mechanics; story-telling mindset.
- Experience writing across a range of media, including short- and long-form content (web content, social posts, emails, ebooks, white papers, blogs, magazine articles)
- Confident writer who can translate and connect complex and technical subjects and into understandable, compelling content and persuasive points of view
- High performer who works well in collaborative environment
- Consistent record of meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to manage cross-departmental communications
- Comfortable identifying and developing relationships with stakeholders across the organization
- Can proactively identify relevant, compelling story ideas and understands business markets and how to position content effectively for those markets
- Understanding of corporate social media tactics and measurement; ability to extend and maximize social media strategies
- Experience with web content management systems (WordPress, Hubspot), analytics tools (Google Analytics), CRM/sales management software (Salesforce), PR software (Intrada or similar)
- Familiar with digital engagement stools for producing consumable marketing content
- Familiar with and ability to recommend new marketing software and tools
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and deadlines at one time
- This role may manage Social Media manager and SEO/SEM strategist
COMMUNICATION AND COGNITIVE ABILITIES:
- Work in a matrixed team environment to meet goals or complete tasks.
- Must be comfortable working in ambiguous, time-sensitive and/or stressful situations
- Must be curious, proactive and self-motivated and know when to seek guidance
- Solution-focus and detail-orientation are essential
- Ability to change priorities quickly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced environment; acts with a sense of urgency
- Effective collaborator with proven ability to instill and enforce process
- Exceptional organization and time management skills – ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines is critical
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to consistently learn and apply new technologies
- Ability to work autonomously, as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Keep up to date on technology trends, developments & best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of audiences (HR, Health and wellness, technical, non-technical).
- Comfortable with after-hours and weekend responsibilities when required.
Note: This role may require the employee to perform other related duties to meet the needs of the organization
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
More Jobs From