Applecart is a high growth marketing technology company based in New York City, founded in 2013. Applecart has developed a proprietary social graph platform that uses publicly available data to map over 25 billion social relationships between more than 250 million adult Americans. Applecarts platform helps major corporations, national nonprofit organizations, and high-profile political campaigns with their highest stakes marketing challenge: reaching hard-to-reach audiences of decision makers, spanning corporate executives, legislators, regulators, investors, members of the media, and more.
For years, marketing technology businesses have focused on solving b2c (consumer) marketing challenges (e.g. look-a-like modeling to find new customers), but the traditional pay-per-impression advertising model has left a massive opportunity unsolved for: how to market when a companys target isnt the average consumer, but is instead a single, senior decision maker. Applecart is the solution to this problem for some of the worlds most prominent organizations.
Quick facts about us:
- Applecart has generated over $40M in revenue and is growing 100%+ Y-o-Y
- Our senior leadership team includes two members of the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30 list for Marketing and Advertising, a former senior White House advisor, one of the earliest sales leaders at Google and Twitter, and two of the Democratic Partys most successful pollsters and strategists
- Our investors include global sports, entertainment and marketing giant Endeavor, KKR Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Henry Kravis, entrepreneur Chris Burch, a founder of Palantir, senior engineering leaders at Twitter and Yelp, past CEOs of Fortune 50 companies and a number of well-known venture capitalists. Endeavor CEO Ari Emanuel is a board member of the company.
- Our work has been featured on Morning Joe on MSNBC, Bloomberg and The Colbert Report, and in Axios, BusinessWeek, the Associated Press, Forbes, the Washington Post, and Politico, among many others.
About the Role:
As a Digital Associate, you will serve as a strategist and project manager contributing to major digital advertising and marketing efforts on behalf of some of the countrys most prominent companies, trade associations, non-profits, and advocacy organizations. In this role, you will help to communicate the value of best-in-class data and strategic tools to influential stakeholders in both the private and public sectors. Your targeting recommendations, media plans, performance reports, and data-driven analysis will be delivered to some of the brightest minds in business and public affairs. You will work with a talented team of strategists, data scientists, and analysts who, together, impact policy outcomes and marketing campaigns for Applecarts high profile clients.
What Youll Do
- Serve as one of the day-to-day client contacts on select accounts; manage project timelines and delivery process; coordinate with vendors and clients to ensure deliverables are completed and satisfactory
- Build and execute media plans that achieve the goals of major public affairs and corporate B2B marketing efforts
- Create professional digital advertising reports and present them to clients
- Stay abreast of developments in the industry, conduct market research, and guide business and product development priorities
- Present and communicate clearly, comfortably, and expertly about the companys product offerings, verbally and in written form
- Develop and maintain eye-catching marketing materials (decks, web content, case studies, etc.) that resonate with potential clients and help the product sell itself
- Build compelling custom proposals that reflect a deep understanding of both the companys products and the clients political challenges
Who You Are
- 2+ years of digital advertising experience working for agencies, consulting firms, political campaigns, advocacy organizations, and/or government affairs departments
- BA/BS from a four-year college or university in Political Science, Economics, International Affairs, Public Policy, Business, Marketing, or a related field
- Experience working with Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Google Search, and Twitter Ads
- A thorough understanding of best practices for measuring and reporting on the performance of persuasion and direct response digital advertising campaigns
- Experience producing intuitive, client-ready business memos and decks
- A deep knowledge of the US political and public affairs landscape to advise clients from across the political spectrum
- Success managing multiple tight timelines while maintaining a cool confidence
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a high-paced, entrepreneurial work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel
- An energetic, upbeat disposition and excellent sense of humor
- History of being a self-starter