At Ready Education, we are deeply committed to improving student success and college graduation rates worldwide by crafting digital experiences that build community and increase student engagement. We are a global, enterprise SaaS company with 725+ campus partners and 7M+ students in 25 countries actively using our platform. We help our customers better engage their students, improve the student life experience on their campuses, and ensure that they ultimately provide success for their students. Ready is growing rapidly, both organically and inorganically, and has successfully completed four acquisitions in the past year. We have a diverse and world class team poised for our next phase of rapid growth.
Tens of thousands of university administrators and millions of students rely on our products to do their work. Ensuring that our systems are highly available, and that our product & engineering teams can iterate rapidly to deliver value are critical to our work of improving student success. So we’re looking for people with a strong background (and interest) in systems and DevOps engineering to help us architect, build, as well as maintain our ever-expanding platform. As a DevOps Team Lead, you will be working across our entire technology stack and with all engineering teams to help make our products more reliable and easier to work with than ever before. Your work will not only directly and tangibly impact all engineers on the team, but also the success of millions of students across the world.
In terms of the role and responsibilities, you will
- Lead planning and execution for the DevOps global team
- Lead, design, build, improve, and support the core infrastructure used by all of Ready’s engineering teams
- Help debug production issues across various services and levels of stack, and improve the observability and traceability of our systems to make the process more efficient
- Help scrutinize, reason, and drive the technology and architecture choices we make in building our platform
- Work with the other engineers and architects to ensure that the development, testing, and deployment of our technology is as easy and dependable as possible
- Help ensure that the security of our systems is state-of-the-art and exceeds the requirements and expectations of our higher education customers
- Help to continuously improve the team processes of our engineering team
Stack: AWS, Linux, Gitlab, Python, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
What we’re looking for
- Have at least 5 years of experience in a DevOps Engineering or Infrastructure Engineering role, with a focus on cloud-hosted microservice-based technologies preferably with team lead/project lead experience
- Have a strong systems engineering background and be interested in building durable systems
- Care deeply about the reliability and ease-of-use of infrastructure, and want to empower the rest of the engineering team to do more with less
- Have extensive experience operating within at least one popular cloud hosting provider (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Have extensive experience building highly available, secure, and cost-efficient infrastructure that utilize a variety of technologies and data stores, including private cloud networking topologies, load-balanced web applications, Nginx, MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Have experience administrating and optimizing common databases such as MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, and MongoDB
- Be proficient in Python or a similar scripting language
- Have good administrative Linux skills
- Be comfortable using multiple communication and collaboration tools to work effectively with colleagues across North America and Europe
What will make you stand out
- Experience working with Python web applications
- Experience working in enterprise technology space, with a higher level of compliances on security (e.g. in education or healthcare technology)
- AWS Solutions Architect/DevOps Engineer certification, or similar for other providers
- Experience leading a DevOps team or DevOps/Infrastructure projects
- Experience working with a remote or distributed team
We are looking for individuals who share our values and who will
- Put Student Success First: Ready Education exists to improve student success. As a DevOps Engineer on the team, you will work to ensure that our core infrastructure used by engineering teams is performing at its optimal level to support our product utilized by our 725+ campuses. With every decision, always put the student at heart.
- Accomplish More As a Team: our team here at Ready is made up of passionate, hardworking people who support, care for, and challenge each other to achieve wins together. We learn from each other and embrace creative tension to ensure the best idea wins. We collaborate to solve problems together.
- Have a Learning Mentality: we are looking for intellectually curious people who never stop learning and growing and embrace change, which is essential at a constantly evolving tech company. You will continuously push yourself and others around you to improve and evolve.
- Move Fast and Innovate: To succeed at Ready, you will need to be self-motivated and able to work autonomously. You will need to have excellent judgment and decision-making skills to solve problems and move forward quickly.
What you can expect from us
- A chance to work towards an amazing mission of helping students succeed as a team member of a global tech startup
- Remote-friendly work environment
- Generous paid vacation time
- Continuous learning and growth culture with many opportunities to develop professionally
- Health Benefits including health, dental, life , disability insurance and travel coverage
- Participation in matching 401K plan
- A chance to work with a global collaborative, friendly and diverse team
Ready Education is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are a fully remote team in the US - Eastern Standard Time Zone, North America is required for this position