Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable you career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT WE ARE ABOUT:
Our global team creates technology solutions that the insurance world has never seen - but really needs. With offices around the globe, our inclusive, innovative teams collaborate to continuously evolve our product offering that world class P&C Insurers build their core systems on Billing, Claims, Policy, Insights, Reinsurance and more. The team at Duck Creek helps insurance companies bring amazing ideas to life quickly and easily with software that thinks and works like they do.
Duck Creek is proud to be a Remote-First employer, empowering our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home or on a hybrid schedule. Our remote-first environment fosters inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location. We support our employees in making a decision that allows them to be the most productive they can be both at work and at home.
If working in a fast paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the worlds oldest and largest industries into a standard for innovation and open exchange sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited for your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHAT YOULL DO:
As a member of the DevOps program, the DevOps Sr. Associate Engineer integrates people, processes, and tools to create reliable, scalable, and efficient solutions for our engineering teams by designing, developing, implementing, and managing the moderate complexity software development build, deployment, testing and release automated pipelines/processes.
- Designs, develops, implements, and manages the software development build, deployment, testing and release automated pipelines/processes to achieve scalable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) objectives with minimal guidance from a more senior engineer.
- Introduces CI/CD processes, technologies and tools to all the engineering teams with minimal guidance from a more senior engineer.
- Works closely with engineers of other specialties (including Cloud Engineers, Software Engineers, DBAs, Network Administrators) to ensure that business requirements are met, using the right tools for the job
- Develops and maintains moderate complexity technical documentation and processes
- Supports existing systems and automating root cause solutions
- Troubleshoots and support moderate complexity build, test, and deployment incidents if they happen with minimal guidance from a more senior engineer
- Debugs and resolves moderate complexity software bugs or issues with some guidance from more senior engineers and finds the real root cause and provide a fix without collateral damage.
- Performs source code management tasks at the direction of more senior engineers.
WHAT YOUVE DONE:
- Bachelors, or higher education level, or its foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, and/or related field; related work experience can be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Total Work Experience: 4+ years (software development), 2+ years minimum
- Hands-on experience in Object-oriented design, Java or .NET development, and some knowledge of Relational OLTP queries and Relational database design
- Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for OnPrem and SaaS applications by accessing tools like TeamCity, Azure DevOps, etc
- Hands-on experience in operating Windows environment with good command over any scripting language such as PowerShell, etc.
- Hands-on experience in building, designing, and maintaining cloud-based applications with AWS, Azure, etc.
- Ability to manage deadlines, communicate in a team, and operate independently with guidance\
- AKS, Insurance Domain knowledge a plus
- Octopus Deploy a plus
- ServiceNow a plus
- Azure certification a plus
- Hands-on experience in automated build, deploy and test processes as well as package/dependency management
- Hands-on experience in operating scripting languages like Pearl, Ruby, etc.
- Hands-on experience in using configuration management tools like JSON, Puppet
- Hands-on experience in installer/package creation using tools like NuGet, Zip, etc.
- Hands-on experience in building and handling VMs, Containers utilizing tools like Azure Portal and DevTest labs, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Understands how to estimate, the Software Product Development Lifecycle with Agile methodology
- Travel: 0-10%
- Work Authorization: Legally authorized to work in the country of the job location.
- Physical: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants - to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.