Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. Were innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
In this role, you will be part of the Software team that creates, executes, and develops the software and control systems for gita, motorcycle mobile apps, and future PFF products. You will facilitate the ability of engineering to deliver software with accuracy and speed. As our DevOps Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation of PFF CI/CD, and cloud based automated provisioning infrastructure.
What You'll Do
- Have a goal of continuous delivery in an AWS cloud-based infrastructure
- Bring operational and data management efficiencies to R&D Engineering and QA teams through automation
- Collaborate with other engineers, communicating progress and challenges, and soliciting input from QA and Development teams with the goal of improving product delivery process
- Design, deploy, manage and document CI/CD pipelines for on-prem and AWS resources
- Monitor application services and ensure alignment with availability requirements, also make adjustments as needed to ensure scale/load is efficient
What You Need
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years experience in a DevOps role/environment
- AWS and Docker container experience
- Git source control and GitHub experience
- Managing continuous integration tools, specifically Jenkins
- Experience of cloud deployment technologies such as Terraform, Ansible, and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of Java, C/C++, Python environments and NodeJS (experience a plus)
- Experience with noSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Strong Linux competency
- Strong Knowledge of open-source libraries/packages
- Experience working in an agile (scrum) development environment
- Knowledge of embedded build tools a plus
- Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add." These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you dont meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.
Where legally permissible, must be willing to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status on first day of employment.