Hometap has an ambitious mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our vision is to make the idea of bringing on an investor for your home as ubiquitous as borrowing to finance a home is today. We also aspire to build a long lasting durable financial-technology company that becomes a hallmark of the Boston economy.
We are passionately building a business and industry that is homeowner-centric and empowers current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. Our first product allows a homeowner to tap into the built-in value of their home in order to do the big-ticket stuff that makes life better: start a business, renovate their home, get out from under crippling debt, pay for college tuition or help family members in times of need.
Today, Hometap makes investments in residential homes, buying a small equity stake against the homes future value. For homeowners, this is a simplified, sensible alternative to mortgage debt and monthly payments. For investors, this is a new asset class, allowing them to participate in the multi-trillion-dollar residential real estate market without the obligations and downsides of homeownership. This product is scaling rapidly and we have begun our plans to expand our platform to support numerous other products over time, complex data science-driven pricing, and investment structure permutations. Our solution leverages advanced data and analytics as we create best-in-class experiences for our homeowners, business and asset capital partners.
As Hometaps DevOps Engineer, you will help deliver a world-class homeowner and investor experience. You know exactly how to release and maintain software that serves a high-stakes homeowner pipeline. You are familiar with modern web CI/CD and know which tools suit our needs best. You are looking forward to partnering with your teammates, helping us to ramp up software reliability, shorten delivery times, and closely monitor installation health.
What You'll Do
- Work on homegrown tools essential to operations across the entire organization.
- Deploy software used to meet our mission of making homeownership less stressful and more accessible by giving homeowners access to liquidity currently locked in their homes.
- Ship and maintain software used to process hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Modernize a huge and lucrative industry which has been slow to update.
- Manage the deployment and automation of our software releases.
- Develop and improve CI/CD pipelines we have supporting all parts of our stack.
What You Bring
- Experience with CI/CD and devops. Here at Hometap you will be one of the key stakeholders in what we use and how we use it.
- Experience deploying Python-based web applications using docker to AWS preferred. Our key tech is Django, Flask, React, Postgres, AWS (EB, Amplify, RDS), Netlify, CircleCI and AWS CodePipeline.
- Experience with setting up systems and resources monitoring.
- Ability and willingness to participate in the on-call rotation as the first and second lines of site reliability response.
- Readiness to collaborate with the rest of the engineering org, guide us, and teach us the best DevOps practices.
Our Team & Culture
At Hometap, we pride ourselves on being Owners -- of our jobs, our output, our careers -- and Good Neighbors -- we believe helping each other means helping the company, homeowners, and investors succeed.
Equally important to your skill set is what you bring to our team and business. We are looking for a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, rolls up their sleeves to get things done, values collaboration and communication, and embraces the Homeowner-first mentality. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If youre someone who embraces this builder mentality, youll be right at home here.