ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. We tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldnt be better.
The DevOps Engineer is a member of our Engineering Platform team. At our current stage, the DevOps Engineer is a bit of a hybrid role. The primary responsibilities will be in building, testing, deploying and releasing software. Additionally, you will spend some time writing and improving code. Since this is a newer role, you can help us to further define the responsibilities. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful startup that is rapidly growing, agile, and cloud-native and devoted to customer engagement, innovation, and our team.
Youll work with a team of startup entrepreneurs and technologists with a mission to create something extraordinary through patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yes hard problems. And so, if you have a passion for cloud, databases, distributed systems, computer science, and of course customers, we are looking for you!
- Manage updates and releases of new code
- Build and set up new development tools and infrastructure
- Implement ways to automate and improve development processes
- Work with software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Review software scripts and look for ways to improve automation
- Research, architect and drive complex technical solutions, consisting of multiple technologies and cloud services
- Lead interactions with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
- Write solution specifications, diagrams, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, test plans/test reports, etc
- Minimum 3 years of devops or software development experience working with a range of software tools
- Experience with the the following:
- Container concepts (Docker)
- Cloud technology (AWS, GCP)
- Deployment automation and orchestration
- CI/CD tools and techniques
- Source control
- Open Source (Terraform)
- Proficient with at least one programming language such as Python or Java for automation or integration with APIs
- Breath of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release
- Working knowledge of network protocols, Linux/Unix system internals and transport protocols
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven problem solving skills
Pluses if you have or youre willing to learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, we are conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a we culture. Were a team building an amazing, successful product and company.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.