Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Platform pillar is tasked with building, delivering, and maintaining the technology platforms that Cedar builds its business on. Our DevOps squad is a team of seasoned professionals responsible for the care and feeding of our infrastructure; using infrastructure as code, imaginative automation, and industry-standard best practices to orchestrate our complex product suite.
We are looking for a thoughtful and experienced DevOps Engineer to help us build and improve the Cedar application infrastructure, internal tools, and development environments. The DevOps team works closely with other engineering teams to improve the speed and reliability of Cedar components, consistently seeking out new opportunities for efficiency. This role is perfect for someone passionate about finding innovative solutions to engineering problems and who enjoys testing new methods for improvement.
- Design, build and maintain CI/CD tools to improve developer efficiency and code reliability
- Architect, develop, and test new tools and methodologies to improve Cedar computing environments
- Manage the Cedar cloud platform, looking for new opportunities to reduce cost and improve stability
- Automate everything
- Help us scale the company, the culture, and our products
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of DevOps, infrastructure, or site reliability experience
- Managed and worked with Linux systems
- Experience deploying applications/tools into production environments
- Familiar with configuration management technologies (terraform, ansible, chef, puppet, cloudformation, etc)
- Comfortable writing scripts (Bash, Python, Go, Ruby, etc.)
- Basic understanding of infrastructure security (https, SSH, 2 factor auth, etc)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ECS, S3)
- Worked with Docker or other container based tools
- Used CI tools (Jenkins, Circle CI, etc)
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work with a smart and engaging team working to tackle a problem that affects millions of patients annually
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
If creating a better healthcare financial experience excites you, we encourage you to apply.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.