Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about solving technical problems and enabling customers, along with extensive experience working with Linux and open-source environments. Someone who has a strong desire to support our customers with an emphasis on fixing their issues as quickly as possible.
We are looking for a Developer Support Engineer to join our Developer Support Core team. Reporting to the Manager of Developer Support, youll be responsible for connecting customers from around the world with the resources needed to enable them to fully utilize our platform and advocate for their needs. This engineer will be supporting our Network products - LoadBalancer, DNS, Firewall, IPv6, VPC.
As a Developer Support Engineer focused on providing exceptional support for our Core Network offering, and through engagement and collaboration with our Network, Product, and Engineering teams, youll have the opportunity to connect with and directly impact each customers experience and journey on our platform.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Responding to a high volume of technical tickets generated by our customers in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of Cloud Service, Networking and Storage concepts
- Experience with TCP/IP
- Providing exceptional support for Network products LoadBalancer, Cloud Firewall, Domains/DNS
- Working Knowledge and understanding of Linux fundamentals, and Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TLS
- Working both collaboratively and independently with our support, product, and engineering teams
- Identifying, communicating, and documenting process and policy improvements
- Working Knowledge and understanding of OSI model, Public & Private IPs
- Basic knowledge of web servers & mail server hosting
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks & Storage (cURL, traceroute, dig, DNS, CORs or related)
What Well Expect From You:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful track record in providing exceptional support to tech-savvy customers
- Unrivaled passion for customer advocacy and technology
- Strongly identify with our products, brand, and team culture
- Strong analytical and pattern recognition skills
- Bonus: Networking certification, RHCE, RHCS
- Bonus: Knowledge of, and contribution to Open Source projects
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge and Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!