All roles listed as remote are available as remote within the same country
Location: North America
Snyks mission is to build security into development - the only way security can scale. Were looking to delight and engage developers as we help them secure what they build. This approach spans the entire company, from product to commercial to community - which is where you come in.
Were looking for a passionate, self-directed Developer Advocate to educate, engage and inspire the developer community around DevSecOps practices and Snyks developer-first security platform. The Developer Advocate will create and proactively share great content, resources, and Snyk product assets including blog posts, presentations, demos, videos, and more. These activities aim to educate, empower and encourage developers to build securely and own application security across the cloud-native application stack.
As a Developer Advocate at Snyk:
You will participate in and grow our global developer-focused advocacy and community activity, with a focus in North America. You will help to define and deliver on a strategy to increase our awareness and reach among developers, existing users, and customers of Snyk. You will identify and contribute to new projects and initiatives, growing the regional virality of Snyks developer-first security approach with a focus on driving broad awareness and new user registration.
Youll spend your time:
- leading developer-focused sessions, workshops and trainings to educate about the importance of developer security, to increase interest in and adoption of developer security, and to introduce the benefits of Snyk to global developer communities
- contributing to a content strategy for the team and developing your own great content across a variety of different media: blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets
- identifying, empowering, and supporting regional Snyk and DevSecOps ambassadors in relevant hubs and communities across North America
- identifying and building innovative integrations and solutions to help users interact with Snyk in different environments
- working closely with our partners, customers, the engineering, product, sales, and marketing teams
- being a developer-focused, public face of Snyk at conferences, community meetups, and customer events
- building your presence as a thought leader within the developer advocacy group and contributing your expertise to the team with project ideas, insights and learning, research, and roadmap planning
You should apply if you:
- are passionate about building security into application development and are keen to share these with developer and DevOps teams
- have previous experience as a developer advocate
- have previous experience creating and implementing content strategy plans to grow audience reach and adoption
- are at your best when thinking outside the box, innovating, and inspiring those around you
- are a great remote communicator (verbal and written)
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching
- are comfortable preparing and presenting at all levels, including workshops, webinars, conferences and small group roundtables.
Wed especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong security experience, or have worked with security engineers
- have previous experience with containers, container orchestration, and other cloud-native technologies.
Right now, our work is purely virtual given the pandemic. Once made possible, you should expect to spend around 25% of your time traveling, so you will need to hold a valid passport at all times.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment weve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway :)
Were on a mission to make the world a safer place with more secure software.
Were living in a world of digital transformation that is turning ever more industries into a software-development industry. Cyber security is taking centre stage for many companies, and demand for Snyks product is sky-rocketing!
Snyk has already been adopted by over 2.2M developers, including multiple leading enterprise customers such as Google, Salesforce and Intuit, who are using Snyk to find and fix vulnerabilities in their open source libraries and container images, empowering them to develop secure software, faster.
In March of 2021, we raised $300M in Series E funding at a $4.7 billion company valuation, just after securing an additional $200M in Series D funding in September 2020, and successfully closing two strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we doubled the size of our global team, and were not stopping there!
We believe open source software is a force for good, and were building Snyk to make it easier for developers who arent security experts to stay secure. Join us!