Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Developer Advocate will be the liaison between clients and Amwell for SDK development projects. Conduct discovery sessions to understand, document and convey client technical architecture, intended Amwell platform use cases and the applicable design to facilitate their implementation. Become a Subject Matter Expert in the Amwell out of box platform and utilize your expertise to recognize the need for custom development and advise clients on the best design and specifications to achieve their goals. Working hand in hand with development and Professional Services, be accountable for the delivery of a holistic, quality and timely integrated solution.
- Help Amwell Customers implement Apps using the Amwell SDK
- Get new SDK customers up to speed quickly on SDK capabilities via training sessions, presentations and hands-on sessions to ensure customer success.
- Mentoring on SDK app development and answering Client questions
- Document and teach SDK app development best practices
- Partner with customers to create innovative SDK Apps that meet their needs and support them throughout development efforts.
- Contribute to a better SDK offering via feature feedback and suggestions from clients.
- 5+ years experience building mobile apps using the iOS SDK and XCode OR the Android SDK and Android Studio
- Experience in web and mobile interface design and development
- Strong relationship management experience particularly influencing others in a decision process; comfortable engaging with all levels of a client organization including C-suite.
- Experience with Cocoa / UIKit
- Experience with relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Experience completing an application and seeing it through full life cycle of development
- Have shipped at least one iOS app and one Android app the more sophisticated the better
- Solid understanding of Xcode, Android Studio, Google Play Store and the Apple App Store approval process
- Self-starter, curious, accountable, enjoys a healthy level of autonomy, strong work ethic, able to succeed in a fast-paced, high intensity start up environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills expert listening and documentation skills are a must.
- Comfortable engaging or leading sessions without having all the information on hand. Demonstrates agility and welcomes change
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Should you join Amwell and the Engineering team, you can expect:
The development organization is a multi-disciplinary team of engineers dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our crossfunctional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole Amwell organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Whether youre an advocate for the latest and greatest iOS and Android features, are committed to the ideal back-end architecture, or are dedicated to providing the best web usability, we have a place for you on our team.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans