Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. The Company offers a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 2,000 hospitals and over 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
We are seeking an experienced Design Operations Manager / Lead to join our Experience and Visual Design team.
- Track and visualize resource allocation across multiple products and projects
- Track and visualize the assignment of designers to development squads
- Work with Product Management to assess incoming work and help balance team workloads
- Build dashboards (e.g. JIRA) to track incoming and ongoing design work
- Track timelines and business objectives for design projects
- Develop, manage and clearly communicate key quantitative metrics to design leadership regarding project status and the health of Design Operations
- Collaborate with design leadership, planning and leading departmental meetings and activities
- Organize and maintain departmental resources such as the Experience & Visual Design confluence site
- Manage user access to design tools and software, making sure designers have what they need to do their job
- Facilitate the onboarding process for new designers joining the team
- Work closely with the design team, Engineering and Product Management, conducting surveys to identify areas for cross functional improvement
- Continuously seek ways to improve the processes, practice, and culture of the design team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a process-oriented mindset
- Agile project management experience
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaboratively with Engineering, Product Management & Marketing
- Ability to collect, manage, and communicate with quantitative and qualitative data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Atlasssian JIRA, Confluence and Asana, especially in the creation and maintenance of dashboards
- Familiarity with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, Invision, Miro, and Zeplin
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with cross functional teams
- Prior experience working as a UI or UX designer (preferred)
- Bachelors degree (preferred)
Please respond with your current resume, samples of your work, and a brief summary of your skills, experience and professional interests.
Working at Amwell
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. To make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce, and our community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration, and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources, and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans