There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldnt you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich? Notarize is the first on-demand notary platform, allowing anyone to notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
As our first Design Manager, you will help define and drive the future of design at Notarize. Youll use your passion for design and user experience to guide research and design processes, mentor and inspire the talented individuals on your team, collaborate across the organization to build thoughtful and effective experiences, and oversee the expansion of our design system across a wide portfolio of products.
Note: our Boston office is currently closed, so this will begin as a Remote/Work From Home role, but ideally we'd like someone in the Boston area so that you can be embedded with the rest of the Design team when the office reopens.
As our Design Manager, you will:
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers, leading creative and user-obsessed thinking across diverse product releases and platforms.
- Contribute to the design of our products and experiences were a small but mighty team so this is definitely still a hands on design role.
- Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders to shape the vision and strategy of design initiatives, maintaining a consistent brand and voice in our customer experience.
- Establish best practices, principles, tools, and frameworks that empower designers.
- Use research and data to steer design thinking and own the design of new products and features across the design life cycle.
- Maintain a holistic view of our design strategy, aligning simple, coherent user experiences to our long-term company vision across a growing variety of web and mobile products.
- Lead regular design reviews, critiques, and ideation sessions for your team.
- Oversee and manage Notarizes design system across our B2B, B2C, and enterprise products.
What were looking for:
- 8+ years of hands-on UI/UX experience at startup/SaaS companies.
- 2+ years experience managing and mentoring a team of designers in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated mastery of product design, UI and interaction design, and prototyping, across both web and mobile products.
- A diverse portfolio (including B2B & B2C projects) demonstrating user research, successful design systems, and innovative concepts implemented to help drive business goals.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and demonstrated ability to teach those principles to others, inspiring a strong design culture across all areas of a team.
- Consisted concern for customer needs, the competitive landscape, and market trends.
- Experience leading design sprints, team brainstorming, and ideation exercises.
- Comfort pivoting from strategic thinking to tactical execution.
- Experience with the implementation and management of design systems and componentization.
- Proficiency in modern design technologies and tools, including Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Thoughtful communication style, including compelling storytelling and presentation abilities.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru) (when our office is open, which it is definitely not, for the foreseeable future)
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.
More Jobs From