6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce has changed the world and our solutions power winning warehouses of the future. Were revolutionizing warehouse automation with collaborative mobile robots driven by artificial intelligence and advanced cloud-based software.
As a Deployment Engineer at 6RS, you will lead implementations of mobile robots and software to improve warehouse operations with customers. This is an opportunity to represent 6 River Systems as the primary contact onsite. In this new position, you will:
- Lead Implementations at customer sites and address challenging problems to launch fleets of autonomous mobile robots
- Partner with the Customer Teams by communicating with warehouse managers, executive sponsors, and technical leads to achieve milestones and address challenging problems - our goal is for each new customer to become a raving fan of 6RS technology
- Train New Customers, answer questions, and address uncertainty to ensure satisfaction with new technology
- Test and Validate integrations with customer systems while onsite
- Review Metrics to ensure success and continuous improvement
Were looking for a Deployment Engineer with technical knowledge and a customer-focused mindset. To succeed in this new position, you will need:
- Customer-focused approach and commitment to ensuring customer success with new technology
- Ability to communicate with customer teams, including project leaders, warehouse managers, and warehouse associates
- Ability to address unexpected challenges - solving problems, navigating through uncertainty, and remaining calm under pressure when leading implementations at customer sites
- Experience working with and troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems
- Familiarity with Linux and the ability to write scripts to automate tasks
- Familiarity with databases and the ability to write and edit SQL queries
- General knowledge of VPNs, firewalls, and routers
- Curiosity and interest in learning about new technologies
Deployment Engineers travel frequently (more than 50% of the time) to be onsite with customers during implementation projects. These implementations typically last 3-4 weeks and the most complex implementations require additional time onsite.
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more. For more information, visit www.shopify.com.
6RS is an equal opportunity employer committed to building diverse teams.