You’ll have a positive impact on the world.
Each year in America, healthcare businesses waste millions of hours and billions of dollars trying to get payments right. Our flexible software and accurate data feeds help clients eliminate this administrative waste, work more closely with their partners, and ultimately, provide more certainty for people at the point of care.
By joining us in fixing this gnarly problem, you’ll be helping to improve the healthcare system overall, with knock-on effects for everyone in America.
Your Contributions Truly Matter
We’re a growing company, so you’ll be given plenty of creative freedom and the opportunity to thrive—everything you do will count.
This position is a Production SQL Server DBA. Candidate must be fully versed in Microsoft SQL Server Azure deployment strategies and must understand the restore strategies needed in order to meet RPO, RTO objectives.
What the Role Involves (Responsibilities)
- Work closely with the Infrastructure team in setting up security and troubleshooting guidelines for common database problems.
- Coordinates with project management, infrastructure, data engineering, data platforms and reporting teams on database changes on the supported platforms- SQL Server and SAS
- Adept at providing technical guidance and in leading a team of Database Administrators (Onsite/Offshore model) through all phases of database implementation
- Responsible for managing the administration of multiple 7 X 24 production systems with high availability and performance
- Responsible for creating tools, processes and implementing 3rd party tools to ensure the database system's effectiveness, reliability, availability, security and recoverability.
- Maintains all environments to support development lifecycles throughout the organization
- Experienced in the implementation of diagnostic tests and gathering metrics on databases/system's health and performance
- Engages in hiring, supervising, and mentoring database development teams.
- Contributes to the improvement of process, procedures and protocols to support governance and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Participates in managerial on-call which requires after hours and weekend coverage
- Acts as an escalation point in conjunction with the assigned Project Manager for any deployment issues or escalations.
- Exercise forethought to avoid project issues, work to resolve issues independently or escalate as appropriate
- Defines best practices and standards and ensures that they are applied consistently by team members
- Participates in defining corporate implementation and integration strategies of new technologies both on premise and cloud environments and their associated services
- Perform and/or coordinate installations, upgrades, and patches to Microsoft SQL products and tools.
- You are a key member of the Database Technology and Architecture team.
What You’ve Got (Qualifications & Skills)
- Minimum of 7 years working with Sql Server and related technologies in Microsoft Stack.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure and provisioning of Sql Server Databases.
- Must understand the pros and cons of a Managed Instance of Sql Server.
- Must understand the pros and cons for an Azure Sql Db (PaaS)
- Must understand how to deploy to VMs (IaaS).
- Understands the various topologies available to have a fault tolerant system.
- This includes distributed availability groups, replication, log shipping, Database Mirroring.
- Need to understand the pros and cons of Asynchronous vs Synchronous availability modes.
- Can explain in complete detail the life of a transaction as it pertains to Sql Server.
- Need to have a working knowledge of Temporal tables and memory optimized tables.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience.
Who You Are (Ideal Competencies/Skills)
- Creative entrepreneur. You have a constant drive to make things better; you question the status quo and approach common challenges with creativity and constructive criticism. You have skills to clearly and convincingly share ideas in a way that adapts to your audience, regardless of function, level, or expertise.
- Critical, big-picture thinker. You have a constant thirst for knowledge and the ability to credibly share it with others, whether internally or externally. You are analytical, evaluating logic-based details while always considering and problem-solving for the sake of the big picture.
- Self-starter. You are proactive, self-motivated, and able to push work, start initiatives, and provide ideas independently in a team environment.
- Team player & coach. You can foster professional and personal respect from others and find success in a team setting. While highly collaborative, you have natural management skills and know how to grow and develop people.
- Adaptable multi-tasker. You are highly organized and flexible. You know how to manage expectations and are able to thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments and successfully adapt to a variety of tasks.