Chewy is looking for a Data Warehouse Engineer to join our IT Data Engineering Team based in Boston, MA. The ideal candidate will be a well rounded technologist with a passion for building innovative business solutions with big data and Java technologies. Experience delivering big data solutions from system setup to development to business solution delivery is critical. Programming experience is also paramount. Big data technologies are constantly evolving. The Data Warehouse Engineer should be keeping up with the latest developments and should be able to connect technical capability with business need.
What You'll Do:
- Design analytic solutions for business users that provide the data needed to operate the business
- Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics platform
- Implement data ingestion routines both real time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes
- Participate in technical decisions and collaborate with talented peers
- Review code, implementations and give meaningful feedback that helps others build better solutions
- Write documentation on design, architecture and solutions
What You'll Need:
- Experience in data warehouse design and data integration methodologies
- SQL expertise and the ability to work with many different MPPs . Vertica,Snowflake, Postgres, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ ELT and reporting/analytic tools
- Experience building data enghineering solutions on AWS using S3, EC2, ECS, Kenisis, DynamoDB, Lambda etc.
- 5+ years of experience integrating data between operational databases using data integration tools like Informatica, CloverDX, Datastage, Talend, Pentaho Data Integrator, or SSIS.
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling in large Data warehousing, data lake environment
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing and developing scalable, high performing and fault-tolerant applications for large enterprises
- 5+ years of experience writing software in native python or Core Java.
- Expert level knowledge of data integration and familiarity with common data integration challenges like converting data types, handling errors, and translating between different technology stacks
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable being accountable for work products
- Hand on experience delivering high performance distributed systems in public cloud environments
- Experience performing analytics to solve complex business problems
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Information Technology
- Position may require travel
- Experience with cloud based data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake, etc.)
- Working experience with Airflow.
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, Looer etc.)
- Background in e-commerce
- Agile experience is a plus
- Java experience is a plus
- Experience with statistical methods and data science
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].