Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
Twitter is looking for a Data Specialist to help us better understand what users are talking about on the platform. Tracking what users are talking about allows us to serve the best content, make informed product decisions and generally better understand our users and their interested to make Twitter a better and more engaging experience.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for someone enthusiastic to help us classify Twitter content while helping us to share insights, integrate data with internal Twitter products and facilitate strong internal strategic relationships around the organization. This person will be responsible for classifying content by creating, monitoring, and maintaining an array of logic-based keyword queries. These queries will span a number of domains including TV, Sports, Brands, Politics, Events, Celebrities, Movies and more. We are looking for someone to track these conversations in the Japanese market.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is a team player while also being an independent thinker. This candidate is someone who has a thirst for understanding what is happening in the world (especially on Twitter) and a desire to help drive a more engaging user experience. This candidate is someone who is equally as excited to learn new things as they are to work on a team and help teach others. Finally, this candidate is someone who is detailed oriented and meticulous about their work while also remaining flexible to change and comfortable with multitasking.
If this sounds like it might be you, you probably have:
- A love for the Twitter product and how it is used around the world
- A passion for Japanese culture and a strong knowledge/interest of the media world
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across different areas of a business
- Experience working to deadline, delivering solutions to unstructured business challenges in ambiguous and fast-paced environments
- Good time management skills
- A strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- Advanced ability for problem solving
- Fluent in English and Japanese required. Additional language abilities a plus
- Cultural understanding of US and Japanese markets
- BS degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field
- Proficient in MS Excel and SQL a plus
- 1-2 years experience in a media related field
More Jobs From