This position reports to our EMEA HQ in Ghent, Belgium, and can be fully remote within the US or EMEA. Travel is expected when needed and local candidates to Ghent or our global HQ in Cambridge, MA are preferred.
Who we are:
TriNetX was founded on the idea that incorporating real-world data results in better clinical trial design, improves the site selection and patient recruitment process and generates real-world evidence (RWE) to advance the collective understanding of human health. TriNetX collaborates with the majority of industry leaders, including 13 of the top 15 pharmaceutical companies, and is powered by an impressive network of 170 healthcare organizations across 30 countries.
As a result of its reach and rapidly expanding network, TriNetX has become the market leader in protocol design, feasibility, and site selection. Researchers have leveraged the TriNetX network to analyze over 39,000 protocols, presented over 10,000 clinical trial opportunities to its healthcare members, and reduced site identification time in clinical trials by 50%.
Currently, TriNetX healthcare organization members contribute access to a patient population of 400 million, representing over 40 billion clinical observations. With headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, TriNetX is one of the fastest-growing, privately held companies in the area’s life sciences corridor.
What challenges we work on:
TriNetX is the global health research network that optimizes clinical research and enables discoveries through the creation of real-world evidence. TriNetX combines real-time access to longitudinal clinical data with state-of-the-art analytics to answer complex research questions at the speed of thought. Each member of our community shares in the consolidated value of our global, federated health research network that connects clinical researchers to the patient populations which they are attempting to study.
Who we are looking for:
As we continue to grow globally, the Data Engineering Data Advisory Team is looking for an extremely talented, energetic, and motivated individual to join as a DATA SCIENTIST to support current and future data science projects for both internal and external customers. This role will advise on how to best answer questions including data sources and data elements of interest. You must be eager to work across all stakeholders (industry, Healthcare Organizations, and internal clients) to translate individual project deliverables to wider company initiatives and new offerings.
What you will be doing:
- Examine EMR, Claims, and other data sources within TriNetX to develop new ways to analyze, understand and visualize data
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Collaborate with Engineering, Data, Clinical Sciences and the leadership, as needed, to support any data driven initiatives
- Review the existing data and apply the most appropriate technique and then clearly communicate the results to the organization.
- Translate findings into actionable steps and real deliverables.
- Develop new insights, such as oncology chemo regimens, oral drugs administration, date of recurrence, and biomarker patterns
What you bring to TriNetX:
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modeling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands on skills of data science toolkits, such as regression, clustering, machine learning algorithms
- You must be a self-starter, take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrate knowledge of oncology and/or claims data
- Knowledge of NLP Techniques
- Exploratory Data Analysis