Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that leverages data science, consumer-centric design and technology to improve the healthcare experience for patients.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our companys vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform business decisions and the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making, both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and the demand for analytics is increasing exponentially along with our recent growth. Were seeking a Data Scientist (Product Analyst) on our Data Science team to work with our product development teams to enable data-driven decisions and understand user behavior.
You will use data to help build upon the future of Cedars products. You will work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to create a better understanding of how patients are using Cedars products, identify new opportunities for product development and improvement, measure the success of our products, and drive product decisions through data.
- Partner with the Product, Design, and Engineering teams to develop an understanding of user behavior and opportunities for product improvement using data
- Drive and influence data focused decision making on product teams to move metrics and improve the patient experience
- Analyze, measure, and track the performance and success of product features
- Identify data insights and recommendations for product teams to act and iterate on
- Ideate, design, and evaluate product experiments
- Perform exploratory research to provide product teams with new ideas and levers to improve impactful metrics
- Build dashboards and visualizations to democratize data insights
- Present and clearly communicate data findings and underlying methodology to partners across all levels of the organization
- Think from the perspective of a user and develop expert intuition of Cedars data models and product
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- An analytical attitude and passion for finding opportunities and insights within data
- Understanding of statistical methods for research and experimentation purposes
- Strong presentation skills
- SQL experience required, additional Python experience is a plus
- Knowledge of or experience in the healthcare industry is a plus
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021!
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Data Scientist (Product Analyst) who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.