At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Within GRM US Insights and Solutions, the Advanced Analytics & Modeling (AA&M) group leads the development and delivery of predictive analytics tools and insights to enable data-driven strategic decision-making. This includes the application of AI and machine learning (ML) techniques to achieve business plans. Team TIGER is one AA&M team supporting GRM US Claims. TIGER is looking for an Analyst I or Data Scientist, who will help build cutting-edge predictive modeling capabilities (such as computer visioning, NLP, deep-learning, etc.), as well as manage and enhance existing predictive models and pilots.
Responsibilities will include:
- Apply data science techniques
- Gain confidence in skill application using analytics and data science techniques to manipulate large structured and unstructured data sets in order to generate insights to inform business decisions
- Identify and test hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, as part of building predictive models for business application
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non-technical audiences, and provide a clear view into data interpretion
- Gain experience in enabling the business to make clear trade offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes
- Assist in customizing analytic solutions to specific client needs
- Be responsible for smaller components (low to moderate complexity) of complex projects
- Engage with the Data Science community
- Participate in cross functional working groups
Please note this posting is open to mulitple locations or remote. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location.
- Strong predicitive modeling experience required
- Advanced skills in predictive analytics tools, SAS, SQL, Python or R required
- Data extraction and manipulation skills, EDA, transformations, and general linear models (GLM)
- ML, deep learning, NLP modeling
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact
- Competencies typically acquired through a Master`s degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) if no professional experience; or a Bachelor`s degree and 3+ years of relevant work experience