At Wellframe, a HealthEdge company, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help organizations forge more meaningful connections with members, across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem: the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate their health and care, but know that technology alone cant help us achieve this ambition. Thats why our team of physicians, clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare work best.
The Data Science team at Wellframe brings cutting-edge technologies to solve problems at the intersection of healthcare and technology. We work with large, multi-source datasets that include medical claims, mobile app, messaging and care management data. Our mission is to gain 360-degree insights into members lives both within and outside of the healthcare system, and to use these insights to build a better digital healthcare product that is tailored for specific member populations.
We are seeking a Data Scientist to contribute to a growing body of insights from claims and platform usage data. This individual will play a critical role in measuring the value Wellframe generates for our customers as well as their members. S/he will contribute to member segmentation as well as insights generated from the mobile app usage and the care team dashboard. Finally, s/he will help identify members that stand to benefit from particular interventions, as well as care team performance.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare Administration, Data Science, Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field required; Master's degree preferred.
Behaviors & Traits Required:
- Technically proficient: Strong data science skills. Capable of manipulating large data sets, cleaning and normalizing data, feature engineering, building ML models and working through challenges independently
- Strong analytical thinking: Effective at identifying the critical question, capable of navigating the tradeoffs between accuracy / comprehensiveness / complexity vs. speed and simplicity, able to make independent decisions on how to adjust assumptions and analyses, can distill complex analysis into simple charts to communicate key takeaways
- Curious and creative: Capable of finding the right data science approach, always asking questions and testing the data and approach to ensure that we are answering the right key questions
- Outcomes-focused: Ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and prioritize to meet key project objectives
- Passionate about our mission: Will demonstrate the highest level of integrity and respect for colleagues and for our mission
- Minimum 2+ years experience working with big data
- Deep expertise in core data science techniques like ML, DL and regression
- Deep expertise in core statistical concepts like summary statistics, t-tests, sampling
- Deep expertise in Python or R
- Hands-on experience with libraries and technologies commonly used in data science, statistics and ML such as pandas, scikit-learn, XGBoost, tensorflow, Spark
- Hands-on experience with tools commonly used for data science such as Jupyter Notebooks
- Hands-on experience with data engineering development cycle (SDLC) and tools such as Git
- Deep knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience working with a cross-functional team for problem resolution and model building
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to document work, issues and communicate standards and requirements
- Accepts feedback graciously, positive attitude and naturally curious
- Strives not to commit the same mistake twice
- Energized by working through complex problems and bringing innovation to products
Nice to Have:
- Working experience with healthcare data (e.g. medical claims and/or prescription claims)
- Knowledge of Industry Standard billing codes such as ICD, CPT/HCPCS, NDC
- Working knowledge of healthcare EDI claims (837), remits (835) and (HL7)
- Knowledge of Health Information Systems (EPIC, Cerner, Meditech, Invision)
- Experience with Excel
- Experience with visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Experience with scripting and/or general programming knowledge
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience working with product and/or agile teams
Wellframe's remote-friendly culture means that we operate a hybrid office for employees in the Boston area, and also hire fully remotely across the country.
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.