Who are we?
Ribbon is a first of its kind real estate technology company transforming the real estate transaction by delivering certainty, transparency and joy to the home buying process. Consumers and realtors deserve a better experience, and we have designed an open platform that welcomes everyone in the ecosystem to participate.
As members of the Ribbon team, we live out our mission every day through our core values:
Set New Standards. Our mission requires a new way forward. We start from first-principles to be different, creative and bold. Big or small, we create new norms.
Build Together. We are one team, one mission, creating vibrant communities of belonging. We unite in our passion and collaborate with optimism, integrity and trust.
Learn, Teach, Grow. In service of delivering a world class experience, we actively learn from our community, educate others, and celebrate the victories and struggles that come along the way.
We believe that software can be a driving force in making home ownership achievable, and we're looking to build a team of passionate and talented engineers to make that dream possible for more families. At Ribbon we place a strong emphasis on start-to-finish ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity.
How you'd be making home ownership achievable:
- Research, solve and iterate on business problems using algorithms based on machine learning, statistics, and optimization, and work with engineering/product to productionize those algorithms and create impact in production.
- Use your toolset to conduct data explorations and identify patterns in consumer segments, user engagement, and funnel optimization.
- Translate research findings into insights and build out recommendations to help the business make informed decisions.
- Partner with Product Managers and engineers to design and implement data-driven products such as predictive pricing, that balances growth and risk management goals.
- Identify opportunities for Ribbon to increase the scope and quality of our data sets
Who you are:
- A great communicator who has experience working cross-functionally, mentoring other engineers, and translating complex concepts into accessible language
- 4+ year of combined academic or past work experience with exploratory data analysis, statistical analysis and testing, and model development
- 3+ years of experience querying relational databases (with Pandas and/or SQL) and leveraging a scripting language such as Python to analyze data
- Entrepreneurial mindset who sees opportunity in ambiguity
- Experience in residential real estate and/or startups
- Experience productionizing & deploying models
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch or Tensorflow
- Experience with NLP and/or image classification
What we offer:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible, unlimited vacation
- Fully paid parental leave
- Regular team lunches
- Health + wellness stipend
- Company-sponsored TalkSpace membership
- Commuter benefits
- FSA + HSA
- Learning + development stipend
- Meaningful equity in the company
Even if you dont meet all the requirements, we encourage you to apply! If youd be excited to show up for work each day, wed be excited to have you on our team.
Here at Ribbon were not scared of differences. Its how we break new ground. As we scale and we help families from every walk of life, the team we build must be reflective of the diversity that we serve. Together, weve built and will continue to grow, a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone has a seat at the table and the space to be their most authentic self. Ribbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we support, celebrate, and cherish all the things that make our teammates who they are.