Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across data science. Listen to our data science team podcast at https://medium.com/klaviyo-data-science and learn more about our technical culture at https://klaviyo.tech
Our data science team works on two types of projects:
- Building features. We take ideas from inception to new machine learning-powered features that ship to our hundreds of thousands of users. Youll be central to creating features that help our customers learn and grow from their data.
- Support the business. We perform analyses, build models, and run experiments to make the Klaviyo business more efficient. Youll work directly with stakeholders within the company and contribute directly to business processes at Klaviyo.
Were looking for people who are strong at math, modeling, experimental design, and putting themselves in the shoes of customers. You should be interested in all aspects of what it takes to go from idea to generally available feature or internal solution, even if your strengths and experience today fall primarily in one area.
The ideal candidate has a background in data science, statistics and machine learning and has done work ranging from exploratory analysis to training and deploying models. We use a wide variety of data mining and machine learning algorithms. The right candidate will have both a solid fundamental understanding of and practical experience with at least a few modeling and machine learning techniques.
You should have experience presenting data to help people make better decisions. Were focused on shipping early and often. We prefer iterative solutions that are incrementally better to the perfect solution.
How you will make a difference:
- Build data science-powered features that our customers love and help them grow faster. Examples of features weve added to Klaviyo: A/B testing, personalized product recommendations, and creative assistance.
- Use data science to help Klaviyo grow faster. This includes building smart algorithms to automate processes that are currently manual, performing analyses to help our internal teams know how to best target their resources, and building predictive models to better understand our customers and business.
- Analyze large data sets (were collecting billions of individual actions every month).
Who you are:
- Possess a strong fundamental understanding of at least some machine learning algorithms (e.g. regressions, decision trees, k-means clustering, neural networks).
- Capable of analyzing data and making rigorous statements about what can or cannot be concluded.
- Know how to design and implement model performance/validation assessments.
- Have a background in statistics and understand different distributions and the conditions under which theyre valid.
- Know how to code and have used data science tools and packages.
- Have demonstrated a measurable impact based on the models youve created. Its not always easy getting a model correct and we love talking about places we got stuck and working as a team to think through ideas that could unblock us.
- Have a desire to ship features powered by data science (in other words, youre excited by both upfront research and actually getting models into production at cloud scale); OR
- Have a desire to work directly with business stakeholders to create tools that will provide insight and make them more efficient.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science or other relevant quantitative discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.